Aha! I thought it looked familiar and the style was like something out of one of Tracey's stories... It's the poignant and heartwrenching A Love Well Worth the Wait, by Tracey. smile

Another one:

"The world will pardon my mush, 'Cause I've got a crush... My baby, on you."

The last words were whispered against his lips as his mouth closed over hers. She had seen him glancing over her shoulder for a brief second and suspected that this was for the benefit of their nosey residential mayor but didn't care. This time there was no hesitation, no protest as her lips yielded to the sweet firmness of his kiss. The hand on his cheek wound its way through his hair to the back of his head and was pulling him closer.

They explored each other's mouths gently and hungrily, nibbling and tasting far past the time that Luthor had turned around in disgust and retreated in the other direction. His free hand moved recklessly to her neck, playing with the enticing curls that had held his attention captive earlier. He gathered her against him with the arm around her waist, her body leaning against him in inviting contact.

In time, he released her lips reluctantly, the simple act of pulling away was just as sensual as the kiss. The sweet agony of separation was prolonged by the moisture of their mouths as their lips clung together until the last possible second.

Their breathing became one, slowing in unison as the air from their mouths fanned each other's faces, stretching the intimacy for a few sweet moments longer. Passion darkened eyes fluttered open and instantly locked together as a deep look of understanding passed between them. It spoke of surprise and wonder in the discovery they had made, allowing themselves to look into the other's soul and see clearly how much they were affected by their kiss.

"I, ah... " he stammered, feeling dizzy for the first time in his life.

"Hmmm... you're smudged. Hold still," Lois interrupted, still flustered as she used her thumb to wipe her lipstick off his bottom lip. She was relieved his arms were still around her because she wasn't sure if her legs were able to hold her up at the moment.

"Smudged... " he repeated fuzzily, not really wanting to come down out of the heady fog that was swirling around him. Her thumb rubbing his lower lip was causing him further distraction and he involuntarily placed a soft kiss on its pad.
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~