carole,

i was once fluent in hebrew and i took french for a few years. other than that, i can understand dog most of the time (though i can't speak it), i can get by in c and c++, and i'm fairly good with odd facial expressions.

thanks for your input on archiving.

anna, hope you enjoyed the clark letters. have fun with the lex letters. smile

glad you liked claude's name. like i said, i hope no one was offended. good to hear you found it funny. smile

thanks for your suggestions, too. smile

lol! GREAT Job! I had no idea it was you...though I can't say it's surprising...it's totally something I could have seen you do.
blush

thanks, breanna!

kathy, thank you. i like your idea. thinking things through, it seems like the best way to go. i think i may add a link to the boards TOC for those who want. not sure. in any case, i'm going to give it some time.

if i'd sent it in too early, i'd have missed wells's latest post, which was absolutely hilarious (though the one in this thread is even better).

pam, i'd like to include all the posts in the main thread. i just don't feel right archiving something that someone else wrote without checking first.

meni, thank you! smile i'm glad you enjoyed it. thanks for taking the time to let me know.

mr. wells,

i'm sorry for the confusion. no, i do not have a porcine companion, unless you count an overweight dog with an occasionally porcine appetite.

i'm also sorry to hear that the universes have been so uncooperative. all that pesky free will and chaotic anti-determinism must really get in your way sometimes.

as for your identity, that seems to have been a misunderstanding. what with all the rest of the confusion with alternate identities, things got a little mixed up. fortunately, i believe we were able to sort it out ourselves this time, leaving you to deal with confusion in your other adopted universes.

also, may i say, sir, that you are a much better deus ex machina than mr myxyzptlk.

kathy,

i agree. it is both hilarious and priceless.

/me tips his hat to the incomperable mr wells.

thanks for catching bbdf. that was a reference i'd been having trouble with. but you seem to have missed a couple, too...

Can it be that this is yet another alternate dimension in which Clark Kent and Lois Lane do not create Utopia? I suppose I should be grateful that your name is not Joseph.
chris carr's "a most irregular joe."

Do you, perchance, own a porcine companion?
my smart kids un-twist, unless i'm mistaken.

the next one does sound like h is for hubris, but wasn't there also one more recently posted... some kind of challenge, i think... with wells and a "utopia" founded by dan scardino... can't seem to find it, tho.

i think the one after that is, indeed, extraodinary man. do read it soon. it's well worth it. smile

i think that's all. did i miss any?

(btw, mr wells, if you want to respond indirectly to any of this stuff about story references- to correct me or something- please feel free to email me and i'll pass it along)

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.