Another great story: Without A Superman (Clark Kent\'s Quest) by ML Thompson!

Now for a new one try this:

"Well, here's the thing. Since you're my best friend, I thought it only right that you be the first to now." She paused for dramatic effect, watching with delight as Clark unconsciously leaned forward even further, obviously eager to hear what she was about to say. But as much as she was expecting a reaction from him with her next words, she was completely unprepared for the extent of his reaction when she said, "I've finally met just such a man."

All the blood drained out of Clark's face, and his mouth fell open. He looked both stunned and distraught, and was completely able to speak. When he finally closed his mouth and made a weak attempt at clearing his throat, he parted his lips and asked in a hoarse whisper, "You what?"

Lois smiled giddily, hardly able to keep herself from bursting out laughing. " And better yet...I've fallen in love with him."

Clark fell back against the couch, desperately trying to keep the room from spinning. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be real. But one look at her flushed cheeks, sparkling eyes and wide smile told him everything he needed to know. In one achingly miserable moment, he knew the awful truth.

"You've fallen in love with someone," he echoed forlornly, hoping with all his being that this was all some sick, sordid joke.
Simona smile