Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]-- Continuation of the response to John's FDK --
Yes, but at least then they could have been sure.
Here's a case of Herb making decisions for other characters lives without consulting them first. It's kind of the same approach that Clark originally takes with Lois (or what can be described as the Contact Mistake).[/b]
I was just reading a plot untwist where Clark avoid's all of the incidents in contact by convincing Lois she wants to drive home from the airport with him, not to be safe, but because they can do fun things in the car. It actually is one of the better plot untwists. Almost as good as using the Resurection drug instead of freezing in "And the Answer Is", although the later does not quite wipe out the whole episode.

Was it that bad before Superman showed up?
No, not in this dimension. But now that this dimension HAS a Superman, taking him away might send the world into chaos.
Person who would otherwise be searching under a landslide in Oso, Washington: When you have Superman help with natural disasters for a little bit, you never want to go back to week-long searches.

Ah, so sweat.
Thanks... I think. You meant "sweet", right? wink
Yes, although I am so poor at spelling, that I had to check this. Really, I think it should be swet and sweet. Sweat should be pronounced like the attribute of candy.

Sam Lane from RfaS seemed to be trying to make a connection with Lois. He might not have been the husband he should have been to Ellen, but in some sense he was always trying to look after Lois's best interest, even if she never felt his love.
I don't think they even established that Sam Lane was an adulterer in season 1. I actually felt that Lois came off fairly badly in that episode. Yes, I saw why she was mad, but Clark had a point that she was just as much a workaholic as her father, and while I guess I understood why she still held a grudge, I felt sorry for Sam who was trying to reach out to her and being rebuffed.

John Pack Lambert