-- Continuation of the response to John's FDK --
Yes, but at least then they could have been sure.
Here's a case of Herb making decisions for other characters lives without consulting them first. It's kind of the same approach that Clark originally takes with Lois (or what can be described as the Contact Mistake).

Which of course Wells failed to do. He never does anything good.
Jack was just passing him when Jimbo yelled for Jack to be stopped. He didn't have time.

“In another universe, in the future, actually,” Herb replied.
Is Wells crazy, admitting this.
I always find it interesting how honest Wells is about what he's been doing and where he's been (or when) and people seem to accept it.

On the other hand, if you act outrageous enough people ignore you. On the other hand, there are people who go around deliberately acting as if they are time travelers.
Yes, Jimbo took Herb's 'future' reference as a metaphor.

Was it that bad before Superman showed up?
No, not in this dimension. But now that this dimension HAS a Superman, taking him away might send the world into chaos.

they get to be together, at least for a little.
/makes checkmark next to this part/

Ah, so sweat.
Thanks... I think. You meant "sweet", right? wink

So either she went with someone she knew, or was passed out from drinking when she left.
Both are possibilities, yes.

It wouldn't do any good, he would use his floating abilities to avoid crashing.
Either way it wouldn't hurt him.

Lucy: If she is going to do a fake wedding, why not with the right man, that is, Clark Kent.
LOIS: Now, Lucy don't be giving Clark ideas.
LUCY: :rolleyes: LO-is. He already has them.

At least there is one peson properly mad at Luthor for his actions.
Sam Lane from RfaS seemed to be trying to make a connection with Lois. He might not have been the husband he should have been to Ellen, but in some sense he was always trying to look after Lois's best interest, even if she never felt his love. Sam also blames himself a bit for Lois getting shot -- since it was because of his cyborgs that Menken kidnapped Lois. I'm also not 100% sure that he didn't know Menken had financial backers, so Lex Luthor stepping in just about that time probably raised more than one red flag in his book.

I can't help saying Sam is right.
Yep. I'm going to have to agree with Sam too. Let's not tell him what canon Superman did to Lois, shall we? [Linked Image]

I think that would work better as "it still felt as if she had"
Thanks. Fixed.

Ellen: Oh he apologized for kissing Mrs. Del Campo a lot. He just never meant any of those apologies.
I thought only Lois knew about those kisses.

Lois: you tell me, your the one who had her disappeared.
Only there's no evidence to support that theory.

“I’m so glad that you’re here
Gag.
Don't worry. Lois is lying here.

I think "care of both of them" would sound better.
Thanks. Fixed.

No wonder she likes having Clark do it, she started doing laundry far too young.
My kids do laundry. My six y.o. sorts, and my 9 y.o. helps fold, and they're both in charge of putting away their own clothes. If they're never taught, they'll never learn.

Another lie from Luthor.
He said "maybe", so technically it's more of a misdirection... or is it?

So private, that no one is let out (AKA the LUC?)?
Or the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable, perhaps?

Which raises the question of why she is still engaged to the disrespecting slob.
LEX: Because she loves me and has no other options. Oh, I'm rich, too.
LOIS: Because the longer I stay engaged to the jerk the more he lets down his guard, so I can get under his skin with this hypodermic needle...
CLARK: Lois...
LOIS: Fine. So, I can search his drawers.
CLARK: Lois!
LOIS: :rolleyes: Office drawers, Clark. Please.
CLARK: Right. blush Of course. My mistake.
LEX: She doesn't have to be engaged to me to check out... what am I saying, I don't wear 'drawers'. [Linked Image]
LOIS: Oc-To-Pus!

Good thing she didn't name Clark.
That was on purpose.

Hogwash, he could have offered them all jobs. Especially Jimbo.
Jimbo was a summer intern and not high enough on the pecking ladder to get a job offer.

Maybe then he would hate Superman less.
Clark has already saved him after he was shot and Lex doesn't like him any better.

I think that would flow better as "against the Daily Planet".
Thanks. Fixed.

Lois: I quit the Planet before you bought it.
Days before. Negotiations and bribes had already been paid out. He just needed to sign the paperwork.

Only because Luthor had already set up a situation to kill the paper.
LEX: Well, yeah. But that's beside the point.

I think it would flow better as "and make them jealous."
Fixed. Thanks.

More grounds not to marry him.
LOIS: It's a faux engagement. Didn't you get the memo?
CLARK: It must have been in the same bunch as mine.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.