He rubbed his temples as he was starting to develop another one of his temporal headaches from thinking too much about Clark’s conundrum.
/pushes over ibuprofen to EW/ What you get for telling instead of showing us a meandering path through HG’s year abroad. wink

A thin, young man carrying a yellow Superman lunchbox hesitantly approached from the stairwell.
Where did he get that one from?

“How can I… Hey! You’ve got my lunchbox!” Mr. Olsen exclaimed.
Oh, it’s just a gutter rat trying to earn some cash by selling yellow Superman souveniers.

“Everyone carries weapons. Muggings happen on every street corner. Robberies, burglaries, and gunfights are a common occurrence. Fear is a way of life,” Herb said, thinking back to when he and the Lois from his universe first arrived in this Clark’s home universe.

“I think I’ll stick to this universe, then,” Mr. Olsen replied.
Yes, but in a universe such as the one described, Mr. Olsen could live in a gated estate, armed guards on the walls, and own a handful of professional caregivers.

“Have you found her?”

Clark shook his head.
/scratches head/ Her mother? But we’ve not seen anything happen…

“Maybe it’s time for you to disappear, too.”
LEX: I like that idea. Nigel! Niiiiigel!

Clark reminded her in his ever optimistic way that made her want to push him down the stairs.
He *would* look funny, bobbing up and down in the air above the staircase.

“She drives me batty, Chuck, but I still love her. She’s my mother.”
Funny. The same (dead and drove her kid batty) can be said for the late Mrs. Wayne.
BRUCE: Funny? *Funny*?

Anyway, she knew what Clark was going to say. It was what she would say if their positions were reversed.
Hmm…considering what kind of stuff Canon-Clark did to his Lois…well…

“If Luthor was involved with your mother’s disappearance, perhaps he would be less likely to hurt her if he knows it’s distressing you.”
LEX: So… wedding sheets bait?

Lex stepped inside and kissed her cheek. “What do you mean?”
He’s touching her even though she’s all sweatted up?

I don’t think I could enjoy the opera, not knowing if she fell in her apartment and is lying there, bleeding to death.”
LEX: Don’t worry, my darling. You said you tried to call her for days. If she were actually bleeding to death, she’s dead already by now. The human body can only survive two days without water, so even if the blood-loss didn’t kill her, the thirst would have.
LOIS: eek What…What are you saying?
LEX: :rolleyes: That you should get yourself cleaned up for the opera. There’s no need to check on your mother right now.

As the true head of the household, Lois learned quickly how to sneak money from her mother’s wallet to make sure that there were TV dinners in the freezer to feed her and her sister.
Oooh! Just like with a wife married to a drunk.

Despite her father’s cheating and her parents’ arguments, Lois didn’t want to be one of those kids from a broken home.
[Linked Image]

at seventeen, Lois finally moved out of her father’s house to live on her own. It had been the first time since she was a child that she could remember not having to take care of anyone but herself. The freedom from the responsibility had felt like paradise.
So, she started to date the Brazillian exchange student and gotten with child from him? Sam then got the exchange student deported and the child sent to a Brazillian orphanage. Some say the exchange student was so broken up, he took to the cloth.

“Don’t you trust me, Lois?”

She pulled her hand out of his and jumped to her feet. “And why should I trust you, Lex?” she asked.
Uh, oh. Someone pulled a pin out of her.

At her lack of response, he added, “They shouldn’t incur a loss in dividends to rebuild a failing company. It wouldn’t be fair to them.”
Considering Lex probably owns most of LexCorp through various shell corporations…
LEX: Your point being…?

“And here, I thought you were the third richest man in the world worth billions of dollars; money he could use to save the Daily Planet?”
Hmm…maybe use 2nd person there after ‘money’?

“You were hoping that the loss of their premier investigative reporter would cause them to back down and give you whatever it was that you wanted, so that you would come back to work for them. When that didn’t happen, you started interviewing with their competitors in hopes that you could show them you were serious about quitting and by making them jealous.
So… he thinks that Lois is just a spoiled brat, wrought to throwing temper-tantrums?
LEX: She’s a woman, so… wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.