John: Once again, you're spoiling me. smile1
First off, I'm still not sure what "wonderful suggestion" I'm not being blamed for.
That refers back to what I responded to Kismatt last week...
You foisted Ellen on Lex. /roaring with laughter/
[Evil] /John's Suggestion. I'm blaming him, whether he likes it or not. Okay, he may be responsible for the extra touchy-feelly Lois and Clark, too./
It had been your suggestion to invite Ellen to lunch with Lex, and then my characters ran and ran with the idea.

Clark will get to see Lois.
I'm trying for at least one Lois and Clark scene (or flashback) per part. I keep moving scenes and part breaks around so it doesn't always happen, but that's the goal.

Is he trying to make it so Lois has to pay, or would it just be too odd if he is always late?
The latter.
CLARK: She's got the high paying job.

Not nearly as much as Wells the meddler may think.
CLARK: I don't know. It was pretty touch and go for a while there.

Hilarious how quickly Wells rushes to the worst possible conclusion.
Slap-stick works best with wrong assumptions.

Had she joined up with Intergang?
[Linked Image] Maybe.

Luckily not, but no thanks to what Wells has told him to date.
If Wells had showed up a month earlier. Actually, I was trying to stretch Clark's heartache to May, but I didn't quite make it.
over a year in Herb’s internal clock had passed.
About this much time in our posting schedule has elapse (ducking).
[Linked Image]
/wipes face/ Okay. Okay. I'll try to up the speed at which time passes in this dimension.

That is the true measure of things being good.
Yes, Wells mistakes haven't totally screwed up canon Lois and Clark's happiness. laugh
CLARK: Sure. :rolleyes: THEY get their 'happily ever after'. razz Nah, I'm happy for them. If it's possible for them, then it's possible for me, right? /crickets/ Right?! evil

This actually fits with what the Sorcerer said. Him rushing to false conclusions makes sense.
I thought it would be funny to have it be Herb's fault for the seriousness of the soul mate's curse and none of them know it. If he had never meddled in the first place, Lady Loisette and Sir Charles would have been in trouble, but not the future generations.

Maybe he should have thought of this before telling Clark of the cure.
He's trying to be honest with the man. Herb is definitely a "with friends like these, who needs enemies" type friend. He's working with the best intentions but then screws everything up. He's definitely NOT the same Herb Wells found in KenJ's stories.

I think it would flow better as "in the Brazilian rainforest."
Thanks. Fixed.

I thought Wells brought Clark here for a vacation, not to find love.
It's been over a year (his internal clock) since he brought Clark here. How exactly he remembers things may not be exactly how they happened.

Saying Clark took "liberties" with her really does not add up. She begged him all the way. At that, she seems to have largely forgiven him immediately, and if anything kept an initial resentment that he had not gone further.
Yes, the Readers know this, but Herb does not. When he last saw Clark, Clark had mentioned that they had become more intimate than previously and didn't think Lois would forgive him for taking liberties while she was essentially drunk.

Good, because it totally was.
Just a little red herring to freak the readers into thinking that Herb was going to meddle again. evil

Yes, that would have been a better course of action.
Probably.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.