Thanks for popping in to [Grumble] at me.
You’re welcome. This part just stuck me as one that deserved extra attention blush

[Linked Image] Oh dear, did I just do the wrong kind of reinforcement?

Looking forward to your dissection. [Big Grin]
/ties Lex on steel table and gets out scalpel/

Before heading to the Daily Planet, Jack had watched Lois’s apartment and seen her enter the Englishman’s fancy car, so evidently he hadn’t kidnapped her… yet.
Unless the Englishman has her sister and is threatening to sell her to Russian mobsters for some RnR if Lois won’t comply?

LOIS: Aaaaaannnntoooooooonnnnnnn!

Perhaps she didn’t know what a jerkwad her fiancé was. Perhaps pigs would be flying to the moon next. No, she knew. She had to know.
LOIS: Please. :rolleyes: I almost didn’t know my finance could fly, either, so…

If Lois was stepping out on Luthor with this Kent guy, maybe she wasn’t as evil as Jack had previously thought.
So, marrying big money, not caring where it’s come from *and* whoring around the city? Yeah, she sounds like a lovely person.

LOIS: Hey! I don’t charge the men I do. I just may write about them in the paper.

SWEETTART: I do charge them. Treason. Arms smuggling. Attempt of establishing a democratic government in a vassal state.

No. Jack would warn Kent that this Englishman was dangerous, possibly a killer… only Jack had no proof and he was living on the streets. Why would Kent believe him?
Because Jack would mention that Lois is involved with the dude? And all the men Lois gets involved with are dangerous sleazebags with a penchant for using women?

Bobby had said Kent was in love with Lois. If Jack told Kent that Lois had pointed him in Kent’s direction and asked him to look into it, would Kent believe Jack merely because he wanted to believe it?
What Clark hears: “Lois. Lois. Loislois. Lois. Looois. Lois.”

Jack paced for another five minutes. He glanced at his watch, and saw it was almost ten thirty.
He’s out with the office slut?

Had that note Jack had pretended was from Lois gotten him killed?
Not yet?

He was about to leave when he noticed a woman walking down the street and enter the Daily Planet building. Jack scowled. What was she doing here, and dressed like that?
Lois?

Nigel would never have to know that she left. To that end, she had left her LoLex watch in her top desk drawer.
What about the videccus plant?

She had awoken that morning with a feeling of foreboding. Explosions, screams, and death had filled her dreams as if her whole world collapsed and she had been trapped in its rubble.
Oh, look! A yellow Superman lunchbox.

. Unfortunately, none of it was clear and specific.
Duh! Without a Daily Planet to report the event, all the news are provided by the Met Star.

Thankfully, Clark was watching out for her today and would make sure nothing happened.
SUPERMAN: So, *that’s* why Lois wanted me to follow her around all day. That…that…that… mad
MET STAR classifieds, the next day: Kryptonian prince, single, is looking for a Kryptonian princess to pacify barren rock.

Lois didn’t need to ask what Ricky was doing there. He didn’t give his signature hickies for free.
Ah…I see. He’s helping the brokers out when they’re not interesting in female companionship.

Lois had thought she’d gotten word of Ralph’s impromptu interview of Daitch the previous Friday, and apparently, she had… in a room with bedbugs.
laugh
CLARK: Pot and Kettle.
LOIS: Hey! Lex’s penthouse doesn’t have bedbugs.
LEX: Do you still call video recording equipment you installed in your own bedroom bugs?

If Christine was willing to sleep with Ralph for a story, she was willing to kill for one.
clap That’s why he didn’t want to tell her his secret. She’s just not able to keep it down.

He lifted his hands to her shoulders and pushed against them. “Get off me!”

Startled, Lois sat upright. “What?”

“Get… off… of… me!” he growled, his face contorting in what appeared to be pain.
Now, Clark. I know the bullet wounds hurt, but still…

“Go over there,” he commanded, pointing to the far side of the roof.
Uh-oh. But it’s not green!

“No,” he replied sharply. “I expected many things from you, Lois, but never this.”
evil

“So you could have killed me in Smallville instead of Metropolis?” he said.
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.