Right. He was in the suit. His secret identity. She glanced around; surely, no one could hear them on this rooftop. She climbed to her feet.
We only wish that this was the problem.

“Go over there,” he commanded, pointing to the far side of the roof.
I am not sure why I came back. Things are just getting worse.

Okay, fine. She rolled her eyes and limped a few steps. She took off her shoe with the non-broken heel, banged it on the roof until its heel popped off, too. Then she returned it to her foot and walked uncomfortably to the far side of the roof from Clark.
Clark should realize her willingness to do this shows that she has no desire to hurt him. If she wanted to hurt him, and knew what was hurting him, she would just stay.

“No,” he replied sharply. “I expected many things from you, Lois, but never this.”
Ouch, that hurts. especially that he assumes she is trying to hurt him.

Guilt flooded her. “I’m sorry. I told you that. I wanted to talk to you and explain things for a while now, but I couldn’t.
Oh no, she just made it worse. By saying "I'm sorry" she makes it seem like she hurt him intentionally. She should have asked "what specifically are you talking about." Both of them need to stop assuming.

“Don’t... come any closer, Lois.”
She is really missing what is up. She should have pressed him more about being hurt.

She stopped. “We can’t have this conversation shouted across a rooftop, either,” she reminded him. “Please, let me…”
She does have a point, but she really needs to figure out why he wants her to stay away.

Lois knew that her words in the park must have hurt him badly, worse than she had thought.
True, but I think there is more to it.

“So you could have killed me in Smallville instead of Metropolis?” he said.
Ouch, that hurt even more.

“What?” she stammered. “I’m not trying to kill you.”
What does he think she does the kiss of death?

“Then why send me an emergency message you knew I couldn’t refuse, only to bring Kryptonite to the party?” he accused. He was back on his feet now.
Lois: That would be stupid. It would have put my life in danger.

The green glow was hard to see in the bright light of the day.
How did she avoid seeing this before?

“If you wanted me to leave, all you had to do was ask. I came here for you, Lois, only for you,” he said, stepping upon the ledge of the roof. “You’ve made your feelings towards me crystal clear. I won’t bother you any longer.”
This is really, really tough.

Lois held up her left hand for him to stop as she put her right hand behind her. “No! Don’t!” she cried as he jumped. “I didn’t know!”
It would help if she was more clear on what she didn't know, but I can see why she isn't.

“Wait!” she called. “Come back!”
Good thing Wells is not due for another month, otherwise she might really end up without her Clark.

Had Lex Luthor been responsible for Ed Miner’s disappearance? Could Lois be the key to finding out what happened to his father?
I am guessing the answer to both questions is yes.

“Cat doesn’t have any honor,” Wally scoffed.
Yeap, Wally is asking for a beating with that comment.

“I don’t know. It seems pretty cut and dried to me,” he said, his jaw tensing. “A picture says a thousand words.”
True, but the picture can be made to lie. I can think of two examples of this on cover photos to books. In one case, the picture was cut to remove a key person from the picture. In another case the picture was not changed, but the caption claimed some of the people were Nazis, when in fact they were agents of the Weimar Republic. Pictures can lie. There are also ways to remove people from them, and these ways existed long before photo shop.

“Friends don’t kiss ‘just friends’ of the opposite sex on the mouth, Cat.
Many friends would not kiss friends of the same-sex on the mouth either. In fact I think we would be more worried if Clark kissed Jimmy on the mouth, than if he kissed Cat.

It didn’t work; Lois just thought worse of Clark for sleeping with me,”
dance she knows who is at fault.

With a deep breath, Phil ended the kiss. “But I need you to prove it to me.”
If Clark ever tried this with Lois, she would storm out of the room before he even tried to lay down the law.

“I need you to stop being friends with Clark Kent.”
Now everyone is turning against him.

“No,” Phil said. “I want to be your best friend now.”
While in theory it is a whorthwhile goal, in practice demanding this does not work.

“I need you, Cat,” he whispered.
True, but him having her should not exclude any friendship with all others.

his reputation is in tatters…
Is this wise to say. Clark's reputation has not really been hurt, only SM's.

“If Clark had to choose between your friendship and his love of Lois, who would he choose, Cat?”
If Lois was going to make such a demand, she already would have, so it is not a fair question.

John Pack Lambert