even less for Nigel, who she was surprised hadn’t remained in the room to keep a watchful eye on her.
Well, Mini-Lex hasn’t yet learned how to tie his shoes.

He did have a habit of scooping up failing companies, which were usually faltering for no apparent reason.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois sat down at his neat desk, drumming her fingers on its solid wood surface.
Is a secret door going to pop open?

She looked at the items on the desk: a lamp, a cigar box,
Oooh! She should have brought some cuare with her.

His collection of ancient weapons drew her gaze.
Is she going to find Mrs. Cox’s panties stuck in the door?
Mrs. Cox: Doubtful. I don’t wear any to the office.

Was it Lex’s obvious interest in her, or was it something more nefarious?
CLARK: I fail to see the difference…

Had he lied to her about the call?
Why would he lie? confused

Mrs. Cox was but a minnow in Lex’s pond; he was the grouper.
Groper. wink

Was Mrs. Cox aware of Lex’s illegal activities?
Someone has to keep track of his appointments.

Whoever that woman was, Lois didn’t want to have anything to do with her.
And yet, she did plan on boinking her ex-husband on their wedding day.

Could she and Clark have been wrong? Could the Daily Planet's current financial problems be linked to something other than Preston Carpenter’s unethical news-creating and scooping techniques?
Can’t be.

She gulped, jumped to her feet, and headed directly to Mrs. Cox’s filing cabinet. It was locked, but luckily, Lois’s semi up-do came equipped with bobby pins.
So, those are less sturdy than Lex’s desk?

Other than the obvious answer: the Metropolis Star wasn’t competition for either Luthor News Network or the Daily Planet.
The other is that one employs Linda King, the other Superman’s main squeeze.

She groaned. “But… but… Fine. Thanks for the heads up, Ricky,” she said. Duncan was supposed to be her infallible link to the stock trading scandal that she wrote about for tomorrow’s morning edition.
Right. Forgot about that blush

She could feel his gaze slowly travel down her body and then back up, pausing at her chest on the way to her face. A beaming, yet sly, smile burst across his face fleetingly before he buried it.

Okay. That was new.
Maybe Lois should invest in some carry-on mace and a chastity belt.

but Lex’s reaction still surprised her. It wasn’t like him at all.
Seems almost like a fratboy, huh?

Lex thought about this answer, and then nodded. “Okay, but next time: ask.”

“You and Nigel had gone upstairs, Lex. Who was I supposed to have asked?” she shot back.
He does sound less refined.
NIGEL: Sir, maybe we should have the clone perform the mob-duties in the future.
LEX: But I *like* shooting people. Oh…maaaaan. When I catch that quack Mambo…

“Never better,” he replied with a smile, holding the elevator door open for her to exit. “Shall we?”
Is he going to ‘faint’ from the bullet wound?

She watched as Lex Luthor, dressed in a different suit and tie than he had worn earlier that evening when he had picked up Lois,
Rich men change multiple times a day, so the women don’t smell each other on his clothes. Also, he needed the clone to wear his other suit.

It was a little late for Lex to be retrieving wine for his date with Lois. The opera started in just under an hour.
Yes, but he still has the drive to the opera to work with. And sociable billionaires always show up to the opera with their dates being smashed.

BRUCE: Wrong billionaire.

Cat shrugged. Men and cars.
LEX: What? It’s a fabulous piece of compensation. /holds up whole peanut/ confused Why are you looking at me like that?

As long as Lois made it out of Lex Tower alive, Cat wouldn’t have to try to stop Clark from retaliating against the billionaire and ruining Superman’s heroic reputation.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.