Fortunately, Cat had overheard Lois agree to let Lex pick her up in his limousine for their date at the opera.
Lois:This is not a date. It is just two friends going to enjoy art.

Clark:It's a date. You won't even stick with me at the magic of the night ball.

Lois:I meant to. It's just that I have to further my investigation of Luthor.

Clark:Why?

She watched as Lex Luthor, dressed in a different suit and tie than he had worn earlier that evening when he had picked up Lois,
I guess he switched clothes with the clone. Although, why not just have two identical suits, so the clone can wear the exact same clothes. This change does not make sense to me. Unless Lois kissed his collar. Shudder at the horror of it. Shudder at Lois letting Lex kiss her ever, in any way, anywhere.

exited the elevator and went over to a side door, slipping inside. Cat was curious what Lex was doing down here without Lois.
He starts two-timing women before the wedding.

In her black leggings, black turtleneck, black knit cap, and black sneakers, Cat blended into the shadows
She could be a cat burglar.

and could move silently through the echoing garage, but she decided to err on the side of caution and stay put.
Too bad she does not have a gun to shot the crook.

She pulled out a pair of binoculars
Hopefully these are black.

from her satchel and pointed them at the door Lex had entered. A few minutes later, he exited carrying a dusty bottle of wine. Cat’s brow furrowed, and glanced down at the watch on her wrist. It was a little late for Lex to be retrieving wine for his date with Lois.
Lex:Why? We can drink wine in the limo, and at the opera? I under-estimated her enthusiasm and how much she would have already drunk.

The opera started in just under an hour.
So wait, is this almost 15 minutes earlier then the last scene?

She wondered as Lex drove out of the garage,
smile1 grumble at Superman not getting to save Lois enough in this story. grumble at no save from Harrison, or the tidal wave.

John Pack Lambert