John: I'm glad you like it. laugh

So far I like this part, I am glad to see Lois finally investigating Luthor for real.
It's hard to sneak through his files, because usually between him and Nigel, she's never left alone with anything sensitive (unless they WANT her to find it).

I think you want to drop the second was from that line.
I think I changed around the phrasing of that line right before posting. Thanks for the catch. Fixed.

OK I am mainly [partying] about this part, but still a little sad that we do not technically get Lois and Clark together, although since he hears her heart beat at the end things are going well.
Yes, the fun is just about to begin. drool so I should be more obvious? /Note to self: make Lois Clone./

Hopefully her suspicions will remain properly heightened. Hopefully they can avoid the bombing here.
LOIS: eek bombing! No, I don't like those in the least.
PERRY: None of us do, honey.

Does it have any credibility now that Lois and Clark have taken it down?
PERRY: It had credibility before that?

From what Clark and Linda had told her of Preston Carpenter,
JOHN: I'm still shocked she talked to Linda.
LOIS: Better to be in the loop than not included. /Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer/ Linda! Lex!
CLARK: huh

Makes sense, he would not want his office staff to know about his private calls.
But if Lex IS LexCorp, there really isn't anything one wouldn't do for the other, so does Lex even have a private life? Since everyone he dates is for business reasons of some sort or another.

LEX: I don't let LexCorp into my bedroom, if that's what you're asking.

MRS. COX: Good thing company funds are never used for personal expenditures... or for paying for guests... or their services.

LEX: Why? Look at the time? I have an opera to head of to. Tally-o!

A call with one or more of his mistresses.
LEX: Head's up, Hos! I'm firing all of you because I'm in love with Lois and will only be boinking her from now on. Tootles!

Luthor has clearly gotten cocky, if he thinks it is safe to leave Lois where she can so easily find his DP investigation folder.
Locked drawer. Assistant's office. Lois wouldn't dare...

LEX: She'll see how much I care.

NIGEL: [Linked Image]

[double parties at John's] she is not wearing the watch. Although I have to admit I am a little afraid, because that means if Lex does kidnap her, Clark will have no tracking system to find her.
Hmmmm. I didn't think about that aspect. Kind of negates the reason for giving Cat the code, doesn't it?

LOIS: Come on, guys! It's giving me a rash and doesn't go with my dress. Plus, Clark really hates it. Can't I leave it at home this one time? Please!

Now he rushing to the office makes sense. I guess this is basically what they explained in canon, just with more detail.
Trying to explain what her excuse was.

I wonder if Luthor is engineering this as well.
LEX: I have no idea what you could be suggesting. <<rubs hands together with glee>>

The clone is already exposed.
LOIS: Oh, he better not be thinking of exposing himself!

Although I guess seeing new behavior and understanding the cause are not the same thing.
Exactly.

This makes her stopping by the planet make even more sense.
LOIS: Thank you. See, I'm not an idiot.

Perry:Maybe it is time that I had Lois and Clark actually work together on their investigations of Luthor. They might start making real progress that way.
[Linked Image]

Lois:What, you expected me to just look pretty in your dinning room for five minutes. I have a life beyond you.
LEX: Yes. <<and>> You do?

So how long until she decides this is not really Lex at all?
Why would she think that? Because he's acting strange?

How long is the drive to the Luthor conservatory?
Well, nobody likes to arrive after the curtain opens, because then you can't be seated. Plus, need to navigate Metropolis traffic.

dance she is now showing proper fear of Lex's actions.
Suspicions, not fear.

sad that she did not sneak on the elevator and discover the people trapped in the arc while Lex was away.
She doesn't have the code, and it would have taken too long.

So much for her investigating Luthor, if she gets so distracted by him feeding her useless plot points on the opera. It is almost like she is really dating him.
So, she should ignore him completely?

So much for my theory that Asabi is permanently in the arc, but I am guessing that is where he has mainly been, and even think such was stated earlier.
He's liaison between Lex and the L.U.C., since Lex usually isn't there (i.e. available to the ark-ites). Lex-C lives down there too, so Asabi is also in charge of his care and training.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.