Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
Of course it's supposed to be creepy - I just feel paranoid on behalf of the characters. smile As for cannon, they kind of swept the creepiness under the rug and showed it as some great romantic gesture. Lois didn't even seem to wonder how Lex knew what her apartment looked like so exactly, and they never brought it up again. I guess it worked in the context of the episode, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just odd.
Selective memory. It's something that happens to characters in television shows.

I agree that Lois isn't Lex's enemy, but I would consider Lex to be Lois's enemy, even if she's not fully aware of it. He's been plotting her murder for months, hasn't he?
LEX: I'm not her enemy. I love Lois. If I didn't have to kill her to crush Superman, I wouldn't. Which is why my whole Superman dies in space, Lois moves into my bunker, is such a great plan. Not as satisfying as killing Superman with my own bare hands, or crushing his soul, but definitely a good runner up for 3rd place.

If she knew how dangerous he was (and she has some inkling), she shouldn't have accepted drinks or dessert, but you know Lois. Always in denial about these sorts of things. I guess my point is that I cringe on her behalf and want her to be more careful because from the reader's point of view, Lex is the obvious bad guy, and he wouldn't think twice about drugging her.
LEX: Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.