-- Continuation of response to John's FDK --

She does not fear Luthor enough.
LOIS: I don't "fear" anyone.

Sounds like a good plan, but somehow I fear Luthor will take a long time to tell her nothing, or at least nothing useful.
LEX: But I like the scenic route. It makes it more difficult for people to find the bodies.

So why didn't she just go back to Clark's now?
Curiosity.

Well, knowing it is a trap makes her safer. However, it might not get her out.
LOIS: <<double checks briefcase>> Lock picks. Check.

Her revulstion at Luthor is still too low if she allows him to kiss her in any way.
There's a certain group of people who believe that kissing cheeks is an acceptable form of greeting. Throwing up on Luthor when he might have information for her, will not help her career any.

Also wisely she did not mention that she ate dinner with her partner.
Extra information that didn't need to be said.

she still trusts Superman.
LOIS: He hasn't given me a reason for not trusting him, other than dumping me for my own good.

It would be a very hard world. Although the biggest problem with it she does not realize because she does not know SM=CK.
Technically, if CK doesn't recover his abilities, she *could* live in a world without Superman. A post-asteroid wasteland, perhaps, but live indeed.

If she was smart she would call his bluff and start walking out now.
While she doesn't trust Luthor like canon Lois did, she still is more courteous with him than with others... due to his position in Metropolis. That's not really a bridge she wants to burn.

Fortuantly that is easily explained.
Amnesia?

That really is an uncalled for reaction to the situation.
Speedy recovery is of an essence at the moment.

Which just shows how little Cat knows. Even Lois knows he has known them longer than that.
Yes, but Lois went to Smallville with him. Cat did not.

He is as much their son as the other Clark ever was. At least they got to interact with him while alive.
I first I thought you were talking about the alt-Kents.

MARTHA & JONATHAN: Thanks for the salt in our wounds.

He does have a good point. Also, it is more Clark is Cat's best friend than the other way around. For Clark Jimmy and Lois are at least friends more or less almost as much as Cat. Lois maybe more, but since she is his girlfriend it is hard to say for sure.
Clark is friends with all of them in very different ways. Jimmy is his guy friend; they do guy stuff together. Lois is his partner, the woman he loves, and wants to spend his life with. Cat is more his confidant.

I guess Jonathan is right. However Cat seems to be going about this all wrong. Especially since Jonathan and Martha are more parents to Clark than she is willing to admit.
She doesn't know this. She thinks they're only friends.

Cat's chronology is being undermined.
You really don't like Cat much, do you?

Well, it only takes about 3 hours if that to fly from Kansas to Metropolis, so it is doable.
Improbable. But doable.

Well it is a letter from him, so I can't see reading it as too problematic. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Yes, but he doesn't remember writing it.

So here he says it clearly. Now Clark almsot has to accept he is Superman.
Acceptance is only the first step.

I guess though it is a lot to take in. Denying still makes sense.
Phew.

Umm, now he is going to really freak out.
clap

Fortunantly Cat is wrong about this detail.
Better to err on the side of caution.

So are Jonthan and Martha still on the other end of the line. That detail got a bit confused.
Yes, Clark hadn't hung up on them, just dropped the phone on the ground.

I think it should say "It's".
Thanks. Fixed.

Don't go Lois, don't go.
evil

Yes, but with Luthor love is an odd and twisted thing.
You know that. I know that. Clark knows that. Lois still hasn't taken off her sunglasses in the dark room.

I think that should be "because of her".
I'm going to blame the grammar gnomes. I swear they keep coming into my computer and changing my copy. Thanks for catching that. laugh

At first I wondered if these were from his other guests.
The other guests haven't started to arrive yet.

Then I wondered if they were used for The Boss business.
I was going to say that "The Boss" doesn't meet with anyone below Boss level, but that's not true. He met with Menken, and that Smart Kid's doctor Carleton, the scientist from MoSB, Miranda, even Jack in Foundling (okay, he hung back in the shadows but he was there). He's actually more out in the open than I thought. Usually they meet in HIS office though.

However my final conclusion is that they serve the same function as his secret colections. He likes having them and looking at them as things of beauty that he alone enjoys.
Ding! Ding! DING! We've got a winner!

To flaunt his wealth?
This is a man with money to burn. Literally.

I still have a big fear that Luthor won't let her get out. I hope he does, but we shall see.
cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.