Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm wondering where Clark has landed and why these guys don't realize he's Superman.

Hope you're feeling better, Virginia.

Joan
Well, if you pulled a nearly dead person out of the water would you think they were Superman? Especially if as far as you know absolutely nothing can hurt Superman.

On the issue of the police being narrow minded. I still stand by my negative assesment. The police are being bigotted and dismissive towards him. The officer almsot seems to have the attitude that they should throw him back in and let him drown.

Also I do not get the impression the officer is making detailed observations about the man they have found. He has not threatened anyone. Considering how active Luthor is in dumping people he does not like, this is probably not the first time they have found a handcuffed person in the river.

I never said that the police officers response was surprising. However I stand by the view that in assuming the person they have found is a criminal he is being dismissive and avoiding the proper dilligence and respect that should be given to a person in this situation.

John Pack Lambert