“Hi, Lois,” Clark’s voice said over Lois’s answering machine.
At first I was all smile1 smile1 "Clark escaped" but then I realized what I most feared happened, you cut away from the scene of drowning Clark. smile1

He was one rung down from Ralph on the journalistic ladder and barely tipped the scale in his direction, humanity wise.
Wait, there are worse jouranlists than Ralph?

“What? No, that’s not why I’m here, Wally,” she said,
The funny thing is that Wally is right, and Superman did contact here directly, she just does not realize that yet.

Was that why they were whispering? Because of her relationship with Superman?
clap it is all the more fun because either way it is technically the same.

Clark:They don't know that.

Readeer:You can't talk, you are drowning while being exposed to Kryptonite.

Crap! Clark was going to kill her for disclosing his scoop.
Not in his current condition.

Wally raised a disbelieving eyebrow. “You could have been wrong?” he scoffed. “You don’t ever admit to being wrong, Lane, even when you are.”
Wally is not big on tact.

“Is he now? Why exactly are you here looking for him, Lane?” Wally grinned, a naughty glint to his expression, and pointed at her. “Is there something more going on between you and Kent, something sexual, which the rest of us haven’t been apprised of? Don’t look so surprised; we knew there was something happening between you two all along. Nobody would deal with what Kent has without getting something in return.”
Which just goes to show Wally has no clue.

Lois blanched. “No!” she insisted, shoving him in the shoulder. “We’re just partners!”
Wally:Methinks she doth protest too much.

John Pack Lambert