John: Thanks for the detailed FDK. laugh

Clark is draming of Lois. I am especially glad to see he is able to do so withoyut dwelling on what he cannot have.
Well, since it's the only way he can have Lois...

So he didn't really "place a call to their room". I at least interpret that line to mean the room phone, and have to admit at first I thought you had contradicted yourself, but on further thought decided technically this explanation works, I guess.
Originally, I was going to have him call the phone in the suite, and then I wanted her to have a reason to leave her mobile phone at her apartment, to re-charge, so I switched it. It never made sense to me, why someone with a mobile phone (as shown in GGGoH) would use a payphone in ASU. I'll take another look at that paragraph and try to smooth out those bumps. Thanks.

Lois wants to be with Clark.
In the words of the great Tempus: Duh!

Wait, why are they meeting at her apartment?
So, she can drop off her overnight bag and recharge her mobile phone.

he is procrastinating telling her, again.
He's really good at coming up with excuses. laugh

Clark:But there really is no time.

Reader:I still can grumble about it.
clap

But something will probably come up before then, making it seem he should have told her now.
cool

Well, at least he wants to tell her.
[Linked Image]

Is this a clone?
No. wink

Only the cheek. OK, maybe I am coming to expect too much affection from our characters.
She's in a hurry to drop her stuff off at her apartment, so they can go to breakfast and get to the office on time. Also, I don't want them seen kissing on the streets where anyone tailing her might see it.

Clark:Hey, this is better than back when she wanted nothing to do with me, or was actually mad at me.
True.

I guess most people do not plan to rush to work at the end of their stay at the honeymoon suite.
Or somebody delayed her on purpose?

Hey, those can be healthy, like bran muffins.
Clark doesn't like bran muffins.

A bagel with cream cheese?

JOHN: Sounds healthy to me.
Debatable. <<funny thing, when spell checking this word, the other option was delectable.... which also works IMO. laugh >>

They are really kissing.
Well, I did mention more kissing in this story than canon.

Clark:That is what boyfriends are for.
LOIS: If he keeps that up, I might have to agree to call him that.

Why not just stay lip-locked to her apartment.

Lois:It is hard to walk while kissing.

Clark:Yeah, she might start to notice the floating.

Lois:Floating? What are you talking about.

Clark:Oh, Look at the time.
clap I didn't think of that. True.

The fact that he did not follow makes it more likely to be a memory than just a dream.
Interesting analysis.

How exactly did canon Clark ever explain that? I always assumed Lois was so obsorbed with worrying about the wave she just did not notice where he was, but if she went searching, hmm.
I always wondered about that. Maybe she thought he ran off in a different direction.

Tell her, Clark.
CLARK: I'm Superman. Hey, look at the time. Let's get to work.

LOIS: splat

No, I don't think that'll work.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.