She glanced over at Lois’s empty desk with a pang of envy.
Is she envious that Lois gets to spend time with Clark?

Perry had thought she had done a good job, though. She was ready for something bigger, meatier, and less gossipy than… well, gossip.
This could get exciting.

Maybe it was time for Cat to concentrate her efforts back on Luthor again.
At this rate soon the whole DP will be investigating Luthor.

He had to be sneaking women into his penthouse somehow.
Unless they are already there, or he brings them in fully in the open so no one suspects.

Joe looked at Ted and then at Cat. “This is him, Cat. Teddy.”
Cat seems a little slow.

“Teddy?” Cat stared at the man in alarm. “What about Phil? Where’s Phil? He’s our usual repairman.”
I guess though if he came regularly enough, one would not expect a change.

“So, do you know Phil? He’s amazing.” Subtle much, Cat, she scolded herself.
She does seem to like him a lot.

“Yeah, he goes to Barbados with his family for two weeks every year about this time,” Teddy went on, peering into the machine.

Family? Phil was married?
Actually a does not imply b, Cat is jumping to conclusions. My first thought was that Phil went with his parents and sibblings or nieces and nephews, and not his wife and children. That would meet the description so far.

It is also possible Phil just goes with his children. He could be widowed or divorced.

He must be more than just married if he had a family, he must also have kids.
Which does not mean he still has a wife.

That means she had glorious sex with a married man, breaking her number one rule.
She really is jumping to conclusions.

She recalled instantly the anguish of discovering her fiancé had cheated on her. From that moment onwards, she had vowed to herself that she would never be “the other woman” nor give her heart to another man to crush, especially to such a man, and here she had done both at once.
I like that we are learning a little of Cat's back story.

Oh, sure, it was possible Miranda had sprayed him with Revenge, and Phil hadn’t meant to cheat on his wife, and hadn’t been able to control his attraction to Cat.
Well, that is possible. However she has not actually established that Phil is married.

If that were the case, no wonder he hadn’t called Cat.
Actually even if he was not married he might wonder if he had gone to far under the revenge and be embarassed.

She hadn’t remembered seeing a wedding ring on his finger, but it was possible he didn’t wear one since he worked with his hands, or maybe she hadn’t looked too hard, either.
Actually there are guys who just don't wear wedding rings. However not wearing it because it would get wrecked or lost in his line of work makes sense. Although I have to say I really hope he isn't married.

“It’s ruined! Completely ruined!” she screamed, running from the room, unable to stop the tears.
I still think she is drawing the wrong conclusions.

John Pack Lambert