“The last time I was here, I said some things without thinking, and inadvertently hurt your feelings. I’ve come to apologize,” Clark explained, slipping into Portuguese. “Also, I’m not Catholic.”
laugh

There was a moment of silence before Carlos chuckled. “Then you have much to atone for, Clark. Come, let us speak elsewhere.”
I’m thinking he’s referring to Clark not being Catholic.

“Lois recommended it. She seemed surprised that it wasn’t my favorite tea.
laugh

“I couldn’t, even if I wanted to.” Clark set his tea down on the coffee table and dropped his head into his hands.
clap

“Unfortunately, yes. And, as such, you have many people who look to you for their example. If it were known that you did not believe in abstinence…” Carlos said, his face paling. He made the symbol of the cross. “Trust me; it would make my job more difficult.”
More children left at his doorstep? Also, wouldn’t the whole thing be moot once Ralph writes the tell-all story by Kara-Te, one of the concubines of the First Lord of Krypton?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.