But a fake picture of a real event has to be taken as a loophole in the "truth" clause.
Canon Clark:I am also lucky it was only 1997. If it had been much into 1998 they probably would have asked "Did you have sex with that woman", and I would have had no way to speak the truth while misdirecting them.

Good question Carlos. Although you would have been more effective if you had said "secrets" since he has many.
See, I knew he recommended it. Yes, truthS is more accurate, but -- like Clark -- Carlos sees the false identity as the most important secret to tell first.
I assumed that Carlos thought of all the issues as one inter-related and connnected issue.

It is certainly worth a chance. It could not possibly hurt.
It's not like he'll consent to sex without a cure anyway.
At least not if he remembers the curse.

Lois is here. I was afraid we would go the whole section without Lois.
Oh, dear. But they spoke about her for most of it. laugh
It only counts if she is actually there. Otherwise I start complaining that it is not living up to being a Lois and Clark fan fic. Starts reminding me of the "Adventures of Superman" TV show, where in season 1 alone they had at least three Lois-less episodes despite listing her as the co-star, even in the credits to those episodes. False advertising in opening credits. grumble

So why exactly arn't they together right now?
Because she couldn't reach Clark on the phone to tell him about the free night, because Superman was in Chicago helping with stranded motorists after a big snowfall.
So they were both offered the free night then. Makes more sense then in canon, when only Lois was offered the free night.

Which also means that Lois is doing what she ought to do by inviting him. I was wondering at some level if he would have to sneak in to avoid charges, but since the free room is for both of them.

Because the bugs were installed in the Lexor suite, not Clark's apartment... and he's trying not to visit Lois at the hotel at the moment.
That just explains why Clark did not notice the bugs. My question was why he did not think to look for them. But I guess since he did not notice any in the hotel before, and becuase he does not know that Luthor was behind the break-in, this oversight does make sense.

John Pack Lambert