Padre Carlos is back! laugh

“It has nothing to do with that, Clark. I merely believe that you, of all people, should wait to consummate any relationship until marriage,” Carlos suggested.

“Superman lives to a higher standard,” Clark groaned.
I'm sure this is the part of being Superman that he hates the most at times.

“I trust your word as I trust Superman’s,” Clark replied.

Carlos shook his head, clearly still not believing that he was the reincarnation of this dimension’s Superman. “And Lois? Do you plan on telling her your secret?”
I still believe he is. There's just too many commonalities for it to not be the case. And while I believe a Clark belongs with a Lois I have to wonder if THIS one is "lost" in the way the ghost was last time.

“And that burden is eating away at your soul, and yet, if you told the world your secret…” Carlos sighed. “It would ruin the life that you love.” Even if he didn’t remember being Superman, as the Jaguar, Carlos carried that same burden.
This is ever more true to Clark who has lived through just that scenario.

Anyway, shortly after that whole episode, Herb returned and dropped the bombshell that if someone had killed baby Kal-El here on Earth, it might be possible to rescue him as well,” Clark said. “I agreed that if it were possible to save you, we should do that… but in my heart, I kept hoping that it wouldn’t be possible.” He covered his head with his hands. “That’s why I’m being punished, I know it is. If I hadn’t been selfish, wanting Lois for myself, I wouldn’t have brought this curse down upon my head.”

Carlos set a hand on Clark’s arm. “Do you think God is that cruel? That he punishes man on Earth for his sins?”
I would hope Clark doesn't believe that. While I suspect this Clark may not believe in God (or at least is in an "I don't know, but it seems unlikely" place in his life.)

Well what do you know, I'm out of Quotes. Time to start a second.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)