John: Thanks for the comments.

Clark has another friend.
And adds another difference between alt-Clark and Bruce Wayne to the checklist.

Hmm, I think maybe it was already four people who knew the truth. I forgot to count Carlos along with Clark, Martha and Jonathan.
Right, him. laugh

Apparently not, since that is presumably what Charles and Loisette had the before the curse first kised in. However, maybe Carlos is onto something. There might be a way to call directly on the power of God to overcome the curse. There might be a way to reverse the curse after it has been made, instead of stopping its initial creation.
Unless "under God" in "a church" doesn't count if done in the woods by Friar Perry.

However they did not try to directly counteract the curse with another power. The more I think about this, the more I hope someone gets the idea of trying to destroy the curse with a new power. Someone should have the power to destroy the curse.
Hmmmm.

I wish Carlos would reccomend to Clark to tell her. She really ought to know, even if she is unlikely to believe.
Doesn't he? As a priest, he's more of a sounding board.

Clark:I am not that stupid. I would never think I could keep such things secret from my wife.
I know I've read one story where Clark was married to Lana and didn't tell HER.

Arguably it should be "engaged to be married" but maybe this is just showing Carlos's not-top-notch English skills.
Nope. Typo. Thanks. Fixed.

At least he did not try to blame Lois.
Yes, that would have been very bad.

Carlos has very good points. This also goes to show why Superman and Lois should never let on the hint of scandal as they did in SLV.

Canon Clark:But we were married.

Canon Lois: <<wallbash>> But we couldn't tell people that. We are just lucky the photo was a fake.
But a fake picture of a real event has to be taken as a loophole in the "truth" clause.

Good question Carlos. Although you would have been more effective if you had said "secrets" since he has many.
See, I knew he recommended it. Yes, truthS is more accurate, but -- like Clark -- Carlos sees the false identity as the most important secret to tell first.

It was not really that many interruptions, at least not yet. More often just Clark chieckening out.
CLARK: I may resemble that comment!

Carlos is a really good friend for Clark to have.
Good, because Carlos isn't going anywhere.

He should probably just say a week, before that he was not trying to tell her, not really.
This answer is more truthful, he HAS been trying to tell her since he first met Trask, but then keeps changing his mind.

You know, she might have believed him if he told the whole story. At least she would have believed him at some level and looked for either confirmation or the ability to disprove it.
So, if he hadn't of fallen asleep on the couch that night, she might have gotten the truth out of him?

He really is too hard on himself.
CLARK: Only stating it as it feels.

It is certainly worth a chance. It could not possibly hurt.
It's not like he'll consent to sex without a cure anyway.

Who knows what some have learned about the power of curses.
Which is why he doesn't turn down the help.

this seems to just keep getting put off.
<<nods>>

I wonder if it should be "rolling her eyes" considering it is "groaning".
Yes, that does sound better. Thanks.

Apparently St. John did not do very well at making it look like a random break-in.
NIGEL: Perhaps I was a bit enthusiastic. But once you start breaking a man's stuff, it's hard to stop.

Lois is here. I was afraid we would go the whole section without Lois.
Oh, dear. But they spoke about her for most of it. laugh

So why exactly arn't they together right now?
Because she couldn't reach Clark on the phone to tell him about the free night, because Superman was in Chicago helping with stranded motorists after a big snowfall.

Actually this really does not make sense at all. Well, maybe it does at some level, since this is a Luthor property, but why did Lois agree to such a patently unfair arrangement. Unless it was also offered to Clark, but she could not contact him?
It was offered to "Mr. & Mrs. Kent". Lois made the reservation, so the offer was made to both of them through her, but she couldn't reach him (see above)

Wait, is she trying to invite him to come over?
LOIS: <<waves big obvious sign>> Perhaps.

Why didn't Clark think to check the room for bugs? It is probably a good think he did not tell Lois the truth, or rush over there to tuck her in.
Because the bugs were installed in the Lexor suite, not Clark's apartment... and he's trying not to visit Lois at the hotel at the moment.

Hopefully they have no clue that CK=SM. Although it might make it hard to explain how Clark survives.
No clue, and it might.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.