Tempus: Don't you just love irony?
Yes, I think Tempus would be enjoying this story.
Which I believe is in itself a slight irony. (My husband probably would disagree, we often debate the concept.)

Considering the canon Clark's marriage took place before God with an ARCHANGEL presiding that does seem a little implausible.
Maybe Herb really was Mxy in disguise. wink
Only if he was the Golden/Early Silver Age version (that one was EVIL!)

I've had a story tossing around in my mind over the marriage episode (associated with Michael, whom I call Mich-El in the story because that is the literal translation of it.) It hasn't gotten written because I've yet to get the concept down to my satisfaction. It's difficult to merge the workings of God with the workings of Superman in a sufficient manner that DOESN'T elevate Clark to an angelic status. That is something that doesn't jive with this version of Superman (and to be quite honest, the Superman that is fully god-like/angelic-like is rather bothersome.)
Yes, that's a hard line not to cross. It is one of the reasons I have the Jaguar question Superman's motives in that first scene in the woods. So, would Mich-El be related to Kal-El? wink
I hadn't really thought of that idea. I'm wary of the idea honestly but it's a curious one and might work if I did it carefully.

It's a fair question and one that could be answered with him asking as Superman. I would not, however recommend it.
What do you mean? Carlos asking as Superman? Or Clark as Superman asking Lois?
Clark as Superman.

I still believe he is. There's just too many commonalities for it to not be the case. And while I believe a Clark belongs with a Lois I have to wonder if THIS one is "lost" in the way the ghost was last time.
It is possible.
FTR, that means that in my personal head-canon for this story he's going to be with the Alt-Lois (from Alt-Clark's world) by the end of things. How that works? I dunno.

Considering the "Man who would be Lois's soulmate" (I put this in parentheses because you, the writer have hinted that he's not really Clark's soul reincarnated bur merely a nearly identical individual soul) is saying it is time to let her move on too you, Clark, I think you have an out there. In fact, considering who's in charge of it he'd encourage it.
It is one of the reasons that Clark isn't feeling guilty about continuing his relationship with Lois. Unfortunately, Carlos isn't in charge of the curse.
I'm ever more certain (after re-reading the script of Soulmates and "Tempus, Anyone?" that Clark's in the clear on the curse. It's possible that Wells is being overly cautious however (he really ought to be using that DERNED soul-tracker to determine if Carlos and Clark are THE SAME soul (different universes) or a SIMILAR soul (different universes.)

Clark: Padre, this is not going to be easy. At. All.
CARLOS: If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be a test of one's faith and inner strength.
clap

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)