Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] But said Mermaid had the initials LL. I do not remember her name, but since at some level she was the key to Clark and Lois calling off their engagement in the comics, which at least accroding to some things I have read is why they did the clone-arc instead of having the actual marriage at that point in Lois & Clark, I dislike her on multiple levels so don't bother to find out her name.
According to the comics I just read from the late 1950s (doubtfully the ones to which you refer) back when Clark was in college (Met U, strangely enough) he met a woman by the name Lori Lemaris, who was in a wheelchair. He fell in love with her and asked her to marry him, upon which she told him that she was from Atlantis and had to return to the sea. <She had figured out he was Superman, BTW>. He never saw her again. <well, not to the point and time of when the flashback occured.>

Now, if Lori had reappeared while he was engaged to Lois and they had kissed, YES, I could understand why Lois would dump Clark and run off to Europe and do uncover investigative work. I'm not familiar that storyline <why Lois went away>, but I thought it had to do with Clark revealing his Super side to her and her being ticked off that he had been lying to her for 50 years.

So, I don't see how Lori Lemaris could have anything to do with the clone-arc. Actually, the marriage in the comics happened BEFORE LnC got married (S4). It happened during the clone-arc marriage. The set it up to be at the same time, and I've read that the fans <<and comic book writers>> were terribly upset that the LnC marriage was a sham, while the comics one was real, as they were BOTH supposed to be real. [/b]
You might be right about it not being part of the Clone Arc, but Lori did show up in the comics in the early 1990s, and she somehow finagled her way into being a part of Lois and CLark breaking up for a time.

John Pack Lambert