Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I do admit that I was cautious about that whole premise in Home at first so it wasn't my *first* Nan-cycle that I read. But I *was* firmly convinced by the end of the introductory vignette. And I *did* reread it at least once since. Sadly, not more than once. But there's so much stuff going on and also, it's fun to forget as much as possible before rereading. /mutters about needing to *finally* reread the Thrawn Triology/ Actually, is it still rereading when you read it for the first time in English instead of the translated version. So, yeah, that's now over a decade that I've last read it. 15 years? Umm... but I disgress.
I was nervous about the premise of Nan's Home series as well (due mostly to her HUGE Author's warning at the beginning), but after reading it I found Nan's writing so engaging and compelling, I read through the whole series probably over the course of a week or two. <<ah, those sad days when I wasn't writing an epic>>. She's such an excellent writer able to weave the A Plots and B Plots so beautifully, I feel very hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.