Speaking about this name... Now that I know more about Superman's comics canon, and know he was once in love with a mermaid named "Lori", it's kind of surprising that Lois would came back with that name. (Clark really likes the letter "L" doesn't he? Must be some subconscious thing dating back to him being a Kal-"el", so he thinks every woman who's name starts with "L" must be his. It's why Mayson never stood a chance, and why he really shouldn't have been flirting with Linda. Right? wink )
But said Mermaid had the initials LL. I do not remember her name, but since at some level she was the key to Clark and Lois calling off their engagement in the comics, which at least accroding to some things I have read is why they did the clone-arc instead of having the actual marriage at that point in Lois & Clark, I dislike her on multiple levels so don't bother to find out her name.

That said, since Linda's last name was King, she had no chance of become Clark's love insterest. Now if her name had been Linda Ling, she would have had a good chance. Anlong with Lena Losonova, Lucy Liu and lots and lots of other women with double l names.

John Pack Lambert