Clark knew he shouldn’t be in bed with Lois.
Lois: I begged you to be here, and it is not like we did what I really wanted to. I mean, it is not like we did what is normally implied by "being in bed together", which is not at all what I wanted. I did not want to put my lips to your wonderful lips. Not at all. Or connect my body to any other wonderul parts of your body. The thought never crossed my mind.

He knew he shouldn’t be anywhere near her, let alone touching her, holding her, cuddling with her, or kissing her. He was only asking for double the heartache coming two months down the road, when he had to give her back to her own Clark. He should move his arm away from her shoulder and slip out of bed with a reasonable excuse, as in he needed to use the bathroom, or they should get ready for work, or make breakfast, or check out that morning’s Daily Planet. They were all logical, perfectly plausible reasons to get out of bed.
But not enough for him to give up building up his reserve for the future.

The fact of the matter was that Clark didn’t want to move. If he could stay in bed with Lois for the rest of the day, week, next two months, and just hold her the way he was at that very moment, he wouldn’t hesitate in which option he would choose.
I have to say I hope Mr. Wells does not figure out a solution.

She was quiet a moment in thought. “How did you get the loveseat and table up that staircase by yourself? Did you say bookcases?”
smile1 Now he can tell her he is SM. Okay, I doubt he will, but I hope he will.

“The bookcases are built-in, and I happen to know someone with super strength who flies,” he explained. Namely himself.
Well, he is being truthful, just obscure.

“Do you think he’d help me?”
Clark: If you were moving in with him. I mean, maybe, I don't know.

Clark had no idea from where he could have possibly gotten that theory.
I thought the theory involed here was Lois's, so shouldn't it say "she"?

“Superman stands for truth, a beacon of honesty,” she said, nudging him. “You could take a page out of his rulebook yourself.”
clap

“Very funny,” he said dryly, not amused. His guilt on the subject was already at full.
Just tell her, Clark.

“Right, of course, sorry,”
dance he has rubbed off on her enough that now she is apologizing.

she sputtered as if she had forgotten that the man, in whose bed she was laying, was also her partner at the Planet.
Well, since she does not sleep with her co-workers forgetting that fact is the easiest way to avoid facing up to the fact she is again breaking rule #3.

Lois: I did not sleep with Clark.

Reader: Yes you did, and you are still in bed with him.

Lois: We did not sleep together.

Reader: You were both asleep.

Lois: But that is not what the rule was referring to. We did not "sleep together" in the way the rule means.

Reader: OK, Lois, we will grant you that.

“Deal,” he said with a grin. It was a rare win against his partner, and he planned to relish in it, not at the moment, when it would cause Lois to kick him – literally – out of the bed, but later in private.
Clark, just enjoy the feeling of being in bed with Lois for now.

They still hadn’t covered how politicians killed people, the opposite of Superman’s ‘do not kill’ credo, but Clark already had one win under his belt for the moment and was willing to save that win for another time. How had they gotten onto this topic of politicians anyway? He thought back through their conversation. “So you want to ask Superman to help you move furniture? Is it heavy furniture? Because I’m no lightweight myself.”
And he can do it out of the suit even if it is really heavy. As long as only Lois is watching.

Lois sighed, giving in to his curiosity. “Last night’s bad dream, and another one I had recently, kind of cemented the idea in my head. It’s long past due.”

“What?”

“It’s time I bought a comfy couch, like yours,” she admitted.
Clark: Or you could just move in here.

Clark hadn’t thought the previous few nights as “ruined” in the least.
Lois: Clark, having you in bed was not bad. But the fear, and nightmares, those were too much.

“Maybe you should start leaving one here,” he said casually, sliding his feet off the bed.

She slapped her forehead. “I do have a change of clothes. The ones I brought here yesterday.”

So much for his suggestion.
I am sure that after she pulls that stunt, she will leave a change of clothes at Clark's place to avoid people in the planet knowing when she stayed at his place.

“Well, yes, but I had brought more than one change of work clothes. You know, in case I changed my mind. I left it in the car,”
Oh, I guess her plan was different than I thought.

she said, and then batted her eyelashes demurely. “Claaaaark?”
Clark: You don't actually have to bat your eyelashes to get me to do what you want.

Lois: Don't tell me that, or I might stop, and you much prefer seeing me do it.

John Pack Lambert