Clark flushed as he pointed at Jimmy. “Long, funny story that…”

“He was undercover as my estranged husband, so everyone in town wouldn’t know he was related to the Kents. He slept on the couch,” Lois explained.
So, not so long and not really funny, either. Except for the part where Lois [Linked Image]

Lois knew this was going to rear its ugly head again. She didn’t know where or when, but she knew it would.
When Lex asks for a paternity test to confirm the little bun really is his and not Clark’s after the horrendous events of PML and what Lex did during the time?

Clark swallowed and glanced away. “He didn’t want it to sound like he misled you in any way or that you…”
clap

Superman didn’t want to embarrass her professionally, even inadvertently.
/watches as Lois goes googly-eyed again/

Since they were true soul mates, shouldn’t she be able to talk to him as an equal?
[Linked Image]

The judge even went so far as to warn the sheriff that if he brought another case before him with such weak evidence or because someone had said something to bruise the sheriff’s ego, the judge would hold the sheriff in contempt for wasting his time and the taxpayer’s money on his personal vendettas.
Can they print that in the Smallville Post?

At the airport, Lois had continued to think about whether she could work with Clark, despite his lies, and what their dating status should be.
Well, he hasn’t yet attempted to actually steal a story. Or sleep with her, so…

Martha had suggested to Clark that he give Lois space, and he was giving it to her in spades.
And it had gone so well for Martha and Lois.

Clark nodded but the perplexed expression didn’t fall from his face. “I may kick myself for asking this, but why?”
clap

“But if I hear of you going behind my back, or lying to me, regarding one of our stories, I will not hesitate to terminate our professional relationship. Got it?”
[Linked Image] for The Rival

“We went on one official, and one non-official, date and we had brunch last Sunday. I would like us to remain friends,” she said,
[Linked Image]

“Wait!” she called to him, caving. His pain seemed to double hers, in a way she had never felt before.
clap

A month had passed since the last time Lois had willingly kissed Clark. Who was he kidding? Since the last time she had kissed him at all.
rotflol How about a fair booth with Lois and Clark, and the visitors can pay a dollar to see them kiss?

He decided that it wasn’t best to use Superman in this way. It wasn’t fair to Lois. If he wanted Lois to love his Clark side, he couldn’t let his Superman side reveal the secret.
He really is good at this whole avoidance thing, isn’t he?

He called it the “trickle theory”. If he slowly started to reveal himself and his secrets to Lois, perhaps when he got to the biggy – that he was born on another planet – she wouldn’t be so much in shock.
/waits for it to blow up in his face like that nuclear bomb form Super Mann/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.