“He laughed. It wasn’t just a chuckle, either. It was a scoffing, belly laugh. He even said, when the whole room turned towards him in shock, ‘You’ve got to be kidding.’ As if my entire plan to ruin Superman, which I’ve been working on for months, was a joke!”
I had almost forgotten it won't work. Clark knows that Superman is not the cause of the problem.

Hmm, on the other hand this might not be good. Lois might not help him out as much when he does not need the help. She might turn against Clark and Superman just to be spiteful.

Neither the Kents, nor the Irigs, are speaking to anyone about the incident.
I guess it is good that Trask produced the rest of the Kryptonite. Now all known despisits of it are held by the Kents, and not easily findable by Luthor's agents.

The sheriff involved Max Harris, who was running for re-election unopposed, has apparently lost to a write-in candidate by the name of Hank Jessup,
dance fooling those guillible city slickers. It is a good thing that Lois did not produce a description of Kryptonite, or did she?

“Possibly, sir. Apparently, he’s a distant relative of this farmer Jonathan Kent and has been coming out to Smallville from time to time, for at least the past ten years,
dance Clark now has a back story that goes back 10 years.

that she thought Clark might be the illegitimate son of farmer Kent, since his wife was unable to have children.”
Clark: This is an outrage. To even suggest my father had illegitimate children. This is totally outrageous.

“I need anything and everything about this man, so that I may ruin him.”
I just hope Lois does not share what she "knows" with Luthor.

all the dirt, all the scandal involving this man, so that I can take away everything that is most dear to him before I kill him.”
I am surprised Luthor's agents have not dug up rumors of the marriage of Lois and Jerome.

Lois’s brow furrowed. He hadn’t answered the question. Did Superman have another name?
dance dance Lois is getting more inquisitive.

Yes! Lois exchanged a grin with Perry, who was sitting next to her in the gallery. Superman had gotten a sympathetic judge.
dance Lois is still on Superman's side.

“While it’s true that sun’s rays give me energy, Your Honor, my body doesn’t draw more of the sun’s energy towards me, but uses the available sunlight to repower my abilities. If I did draw heat from the sun, the area immediately surrounding my body, especially above me, would be hotter than around anyone else. It isn’t,” Superman contended. “But if the people of Metropolis are worried about me using my super powers, I’d like to put their fears to rest.”
Well, in some ways it is amazing he did not come up with this explanation in canon. Of couse having gone nearly a year as Superman full time in the other demension gives him experience to know the claim is ludicrous.

and she couldn’t she hear anything outside the room.
I think there is a mistake in this phrase.

“I cannot turn off my hearing or my sight, any more than you can. They are a part of who I am.
Is this true? I thought he could turn these off.

I can refrain from flying, using my heat vision, and lifting space shuttles above my head, as those are more of a decision on my part. Do you wish me not to use my invulnerability to place myself between that gunman and the guard, whose gun he stole…”
Good point. Just standing there is not using any superpower. However Luthor might see it differently.

“Or between him and that class of children touring the courthouse, down the hall? Are you then going to tell the guard’s family, or those children’s families, that it was your fault for insisting that I stand idly by while their love ones died? You might be able to brush that aside without guilt but I, madam, cannot.”
I like this response a lot better than in canon.

“The law is the law,” Judge Diggs said, stepping into the hall and facing Superman. “You break it, you go to jail. Superman, you’re under arrest.”
I always thought this whole response was just plain stupid. Superman saved lives and they arrest him. The people of Metropolis deserve Luthor, they facilitate his power by being so stupid.

John Pack Lambert