Ultra Woman: hyper Okay, you're bashing Clark in his lunkhead, but he deserves it. wink
Five steps!? I guess it translates as "he will never tell her". Ever. <<expresses hatered of Clark's 5 point plan>> It's the longest planned procrastination method I've seen so far.
In Clark's defense, he *wants* to tell her, which is more than canon Clark did at this part in canon. <<ducking>>

<<eyes pop out of her head in amazement>> And he still believes Lois will want a relationship with him when he's planning to keep her in the dark!? <<starts to get dizzy at Clark's lack of knowledge in women>> Or he is too naive or he doesn't know Lois at all. <<expresses doubt that this plan will work>>
Well, even this Clark does have that little bit of optimism left. <<ducking again, from tomatoes this time>>

Clark is making it easy for Luthor to find the truth (that the Italy story is bogus) and give it to Lois on a silver plate, making Luthor look like the truthful and trusty friend that is saving her from a lying and crooked partner. <<help!!>>
EW: <<hands UW a 2x4>> Hit away! laugh Although, I don't understand how Luthor would find out before Lois, but it *could* happen. evil Both Luthor and Lois are looking in all the wrong places for Clark's past. Also, Clark doesn't know that Lois has heard Jonathan's theory about Clark's Italian ancestry.

How? He keeps lying to her. Does he want to build trust based on a lie? <<completely baffled by Clark's logic, or lack thereof>>
By showing to her that even though she doesn't know his history, she knows the kind of man he has (otherwise) always shown her that he is.

Vague? Give Lois a flimsy clue and she will dig until she finds the deepest secrets. She found the real Clark Kent's grave and she didn't even know he had existed. And why would any woman understand that a man can’t say his ex-fiancé’s name? <<impaitently waits for Clark to show any intelligence whatsoever>>
I have never told my husband the names of all my former beaus as they were not important to our relationship. What happened in those relationship, yes; the man's name, not so much. Clark is working on this age-old tradition. Of course, Lois isn't like other women and it is *possible* that she won't accept only half-truths.

Hello! If you want it to be believable just levitate! <<screaming obscenities at Clark>>
CLARK: [Linked Image] But then she'd know for certain and I'd have no way to change my mind and back out again. What if she reacted like Lana. I don't think I could take that a second time. What if she hated me and never wanted to talk to me again? What if...

LOIS: [Linked Image] Snap out of it!

CLARK: Right. Thanks, I needed that. Now, where were we?

LOIS: You were telling me about your past.

CLARK: Right. Uh... Um... thud

LOIS: This is going to take a while.

Let's see: Everybody thought Superman was invulnerable. Nobody but the Kents knew about kryptonite. He passed out. He was captured by Trask. He was hurt and shot. He barely could stand up. Tell me again, oh smart one, why should she believe you were Superman?
CLARK: Because I said "I am Superman"?

Half truth is half lie. And half lie is still a lie. <<rolls eyes at the obviousness of this statement>>
CLARK: Yes, but, it's better than all lies, isn't it? Anyway, that other stuff really isn't important for our relationship, right? <<ducking more tomatoes>>

See? He will never tell her. <<banging her head against a wall in frustration at Clark's baffling logic>>
He thinks because Lois cares for Superman, there is a greater possiblity that she'll forgive him for keeping that secret (once he tells her). Telling Lois about the other Lois might be something she'd might never forgive him for, and therefore is the scariest secret of them all.

Hummm... In Smallville we have proof that Clark didn't grow up there, his false past story and the real Clark Kent's grave. What will be important in the future? <<in the future, something this way creepith>>
Yes, all those things were discovered during the Smallville arc, but those were only things that LOIS learned. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.