Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Randi: Welcome to my story! smile1

My problem is Clark/Superman's seeming lack of seriousness about kryptonite. He told Lois in the previous chapter he doesn't know if it can kill him!? Shouldn't he look into this. Shouldn't he know?!

He admitted that the baby Kal may have dies because K weakened him and other factors killed him. So at the least K can indirectly kill Clark.
Lack of seriousness? I'm not sure about that. Whether or not Kryptonite could kill Clark on its own, K still hurts like hell and it's not like he'll go and buy Kryptonite Crunchies at the local market for breakfast just to test it out (as one recent spoof suggested).

Lex will know for sure soon enough.
Yes, Lex won't care about tested theories. He'll be willing to test them out on his own.

Superman's naivete will ultimately lead to his death. Being an innocent Boy Scout believing the the goodness of everyone won't cut it in a world with larger than life villains like Lex.
Does my Clark believe in the goodness of everyone more than canon Clark? I don't seem him as naive. I see him as more world wise, less womanwise, than canon Clark.

Lois needs to knock some sense into him or he won't be long for this world.
You're probably right about that. <<hands Randi a 2x4 spiked with K to test out on Clark>>

Please, don't kill Clark but feel free to maime him. This isn't a death fic.

CLARK: Hey! I mean, yea! But, still, HEY! [/b]
No this isn't a death-fic. Though I am a big fan of the occasional death-fic. They are too rare here.

But Clark's lackluster concern about K. in this story makes him too much the "canon" Boy Scout.

Let's just say that this Clark/Supes in a "real" world with this Lex - well you figure it out.