“He was undercover as my estranged husband, so everyone in town wouldn’t know he was related to the Kents. He slept on the couch,” Lois explained.
Clark: Did she have to emphasize we slept in different beds?

“Kent, the Environmental Impact Committee is holding up the opening of the new LexCorp’s Nuclear Power Plant. See what you can find out about what’s causing the delay.”
Well, now we are moving into MoSB. I hope Lois begins to suspect Luthor, but I am not holding my breath.

Clark swallowed and glanced away. “He didn’t want it to sound like he misled you in any way or that you…” He cleared his throat. “— had any errors in your initial description of the scene.”
smile1 smile1 They are still partners.

Clark cleared his throat. “And our personal one?”
I don't know. I think Clark should let the victory set in for a bit.

“We went on one official, and one non-official, date and we had brunch last Sunday. I would like us to remain friends,” she said, watching, as her words seemed to absorb into him like an acid and caused him pain. She was tempted to reach out and reassure him, but his actions had caused, and were continuing to cause, her pain.
whinging She is breaking up with him. This is very sad.

“Wait!” she called to him, caving. His pain seemed to double hers, in a way she had never felt before.
Maybe there is still hope.

“I’m not saying that friends are all we’ll ever be, Clark. That, for now, we need to step back to that description of our relationship, while we try and rebuild that trust bridge.” In addition, give her time to find out the truth about his past.
Clark, you should have told her everything on the flight back.

“I’m never going to give up on you, my little cherry blossom,” he murmured before turning to exit the conference room.
Wait, did she finally accept his term of endearment?

“You better not,” she grumbled, not sure if she was referring to his reassurances, his new awful endearment, or both.
I guess she didn't really accept it.

John Pack Lambert