Or, maybe it was because of his first rescue.
CLARK: Hmmmm. I guess that makes sense.

Or the fact that he was running home to Rachel.
CLARK: I had already dropped Rachel off at the Harrises. I was living out at the Ross farm at the time.

Sounds comfy.
MRS. LANG: I thought so.

Yeah. Ne’ver-do-well football jock, he’ll probably end up as an attendant at a gas station, or robbing one. Or, even worse, a farm hand named Jerome.
drool

Clark! I guess that night with Rachel did leave an impression after all.
CLARK: It felt good. laugh I can just imagine what it would be like with someone I'm in love with.

LANA: Imagine all you want. That's as close as you'll get.

Baby? And ‘stay’? At least now we know where he learned to talk to Lois.
Oh, you missed my extra note:
Baby, It\'s Cold Outside The dialogue from the night when he tries to convince Lana to stay was inspired by this song, music and lyrics by Frank Loesser.
I’m guessing she wasn’t before prom night. And it didn’t really sound like she was before she became his girlfriend, either. Unless, that was only during her freshman and sophomore year when some guy just moved faster than she wanted?
LANA: I got around in high school and in college. But sometimes a guy would move faster than I wanted, or go where I didn't want him to go, so that's when I called Clark.

Yeah, they only have a handful of rapes the entire year instead of each night.
And they're never reported.

Awwww, she loves him just like a brother.
CLARK: Thank you.
LANA: Yes! That's the phrase I was looking for. Thanks.

<devil jaw drop> in response to Lana's "soon" comment
LANA: Soon, as in decades.

Oh my. /goes and picks out nice headstone/
Like Clark wouldn't have been blamed.

CLARK: Hush, Lana. You hit your head and lost a couple of minutes. Shall I get you to a hospital?
CLARK: I wish I had said that. But at the time, I was thinking, well, now that I've revealed my secret, we're free to move into the bedroom, right? <<crickets>> Right?

She really does drink a lot, doesn’t she?
ELLEN: I thought she looked familiar.

Clark! Then again, he did decide to engage in sexual relations with her; without cigars one might add.
CLARK: Why would I smoke?

Fallen angel. Hence his weird sex-drive. Although, she should probably run when he gets out the feathered angel-wings for her.
LANA: Sex games are fun, but I don't think of Clark like that.

LOIS: What a noob.
CAT: Amen, sister
Um... Doesn't canon Lois say something similar to canon Clark in Ordinary People?

She’s quite the mess after that whole Walt+College thing. Wait, did Walt find her that one weekend in her Junior year?
CLARK: Great. Give me nightmares.

Or, maybe, this is a different Lana. Maybe the women in Alt-World are all bitcas, if we go by Herb’s wariness about Alt-Lois.
It would explain why Clark wanted to change dimensions.

HERB: Er... I wouldn't say that exactly.

Then again, Rachel had died for it.
Rachel's death was purely coincidental.

Lois, would you please hit him over the head?
LOIS: *slap* Okay, why?
CLARK: Ou! Why did you do that? And why did you do that *before* he told you the reason?
LOIS: <gives him the "oh, please look, Like she didn't have a reason to punch him">
CLARK: Right, I forgot about that.

LOIS: Convenient.

Lois?
LOIS: *slap*
CLARK: Hey!
CLARK: I meant ME, not you!

Three’s the charm.
CLARK: I’ll just go home now.
CLARK: You could just wait until I have my powers back it doesn't hurt as much.

She’s a bitca in alt-world. And quite damaged, the poor girl.
Yep. Damaged she-devil with lost bounce. Oh, wait, I had her picture here somewhere... here it is: [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.