Originally posted by scifiJoan:
It makes me sad that Clark tolerated such a relationship but I tend to forget that the death of his parents makes him more vulnerable.
Clark tolerated Lana's treatment of him, first because he was moonstruck, and then -- sadly -- it was still better than others had treated him. He figured it was the best he deserved and/or would get. Then came along canon Lois and hit him upside the head with how good he could be and deserved to be treated.

Clark has a lot to overcome. He didn't do much in the way of healing while with Lana and (unbeknowst to him) has been working on it since they broke up.

It sounds like a traumatic experience (with Wayne?) made Lana so afraid.
Walt. I was worried about putting in two W Irigs. clap Don't even try to get me to try and remember what was popular in the last twenty years though. << :rolleyes: at myself>>

I'm sure hoping that Alt-Clark will learn just how important he is Lois.
Smallville is more about hitting Clark upside the head with his past, than his and Lois's relationship. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom to find the hidden treasure.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.