Lana wasn’t a big touchy-feely type person, except when she had been drinking,
Or is it just that she does not like touching and feeling Clark? Maybe she is like Clois and turned off by guys who are too muscular.

continued to make plans with him,
Or is that make plans for him?

Maybe it was because he had been attracted to Lana since the first moment he had seen her.
Like another LL he knows?

His fascination with Lana though, had been completely different than his attraction to Lois.
She did not kiss him at first sight for one thing.

Naturally, he always thought Lois was alluring, even in baggy sweats and no makeup.
Does this mean he did not find makeupless Lana was alluring? laugh

and moved back to Smallville together after graduation. Well, not together together, but at the same time.
Yes, I was going to say, I didn't think they were living together at that point.

Luckily, there had been an opening at the Smallville Post-Gazette, so had followed her back.[Quote]

I think that should be "so he had followed her back".

[Quote]He hadn’t meant to reveal his secret to Lana in the way he did.
Does Clark ever reveal his relationship in the way he actually plans to?

They had been watching movie at his apartment one night,
I think one normally says "watching a movie" or "watching movies", don't ask me why you don;t need an article with the plural but do with the singular, but the current way grates on the ear.

“It’s cold outside, baby. Stay,” he whispered, coming to her side. He kissed her lips gently. “Stay.” He kissed her again.
At least when he told Lois to stay, he did not call her baby.

“You were there, and then you were here,” she sputtered in disbelief, her heart racing. She pointed at him and then back up at his open door.

He smiled sheepishly. “There’s something you should know about me.”
Well, at least she did not find out when they started floating while making love. Hmm, does Rachel know?

“I’m thinking you’re right,” she muttered, moving her hand to her head. “Got any bourbon?”

“No, but I can get you whatever you want,” Clark replied.

“Everything’s closed in Smallville,” Lana said.

“I know, but I’m not limited by that.” He zipped up the stairs with her in his arms, and set her down on the sofa. “I’ll be right back.”

Less than five minutes later, he returned with a bottle of bourbon. She hadn’t moved. At his entrance, she gasped and pointed at him. “When did you put on your shoes and jacket?”

Clark wiped the fresh snow off his sleeve. “Before I left, Lana,” he explained, going into the kitchen and getting her a glass with ice.

“You move so quick,” Lana said, taking the glass from his hand. “Where…?”

“There was a shop open outside of Topeka,” he replied, sitting down next to her on the sofa.
If your going to go all out, might as well fly to Paris.

Lana’s eyes widened and she pointed out the closed door and up into the sky. “Flew?”

He nodded.
However he tells Lois, it won't be as shocking for her. Lois has known for months there is a man who can fly, thus learning Clark can do it will be less shocking.

This is an issue not really well explored in some fan-fics that have Lois learning about Clark's special abilities before he goes public.

She took another sip, and then another, before swallowing. “You’re really an angel then, aren’t you?” she asked, looking at him hopefully.
Because presumably angels don't have sexual relations with humans? Well, given what he had asked earlier, that would not really make sense.

about the one family who had thought he was the devil incarnate because of his heat vision.
That would have been horrible. grumble

It was the first time she had told him that she loved him. Lana loved him.
Of course she uses her love to seek to get him to reject who he really is.

Has Lois yet told Clark she loves him? I think she did at least once. Even if she has not said it in words, her actions on their date suggested some level of love, even if she does not fully trust him.

“I love you, too, Lana,” Clark had repeated back to her, before he kissed her. He really had thought they would be together forever.
He should have known that her failure to accept who he truly was was a bad sign. whinging for Clark. It is so hard without his parents. Hopefully he can open up with Lois soon. At least he has Cat, even though I do not really like Cat. She still is not as bad or manipulative as Lana. I never thought I would say such a thing, but it is true.

Now, he was beginning to wonder if it was just his children she hadn’t wanted to have.
Considering she thinks he is a freak, quite possible.

This Lana had the one thing he had never been able to give her. This Lana, who had never known a Clark, still had her bounce.
This is not at all Clark's fault. Not at all.

“No,” he replied curtly, turning away. “She reminds me of someone I used to know.”
True, so very true.

He couldn’t even look at this Lana; all he saw in her was his failure in ever making his Lana happy.
No, it is not his fault. He tried as hard as he could. He protected her as much as he could.

“Jerome,” Clark reminded her.
I don't see why he is even trying to hide his identity here. No one really would know one way or the other.

Lois’s scowling glare, showed she had misinterpreted his universal ‘you’ as ‘her’. “You lied to me, Jer…” she growled.
I still really do not see how Lois had misunderstood his question, missed the very deep hurt he is in at this moment.

“No, Lois,” he interrupted gently. “The world would be better without me.”
That is a total lie.

Lana’s life seemed to be the ideal he had always wanted to give her. How much better would this Lois’s life be, if she didn’t have to deal with a commitment phobic superhero, and a partner who couldn’t be honest with her?[/Quotes]

She might be dead.

[Quote]you’re the reason Jimmy and I survived Dr. Baines’s death trap at the Messenger hanger. I may be angry at you, but I’m glad you were born.”
This is what he needed to hear.

Of course, Lois hadn’t forgiven him. How could she when he couldn’t even forgive himself?
I think he is being too harsh on himself.

Hmm, I am still waiting to see Clark's reaction to learning Rachel is dead. We really did not even get bach to where we were at the end of part 50, we are at least 5 minutes earlier in time.

John Pack Lambert