Starting quarterback, Hank, had broken his leg cow-tipping with Walt.
clap

Lana had then looked him up and down like a prize piece of meat, and announced, “You’re taking me to Homecoming.” Then she had bounced away.
[Linked Image]

It had taken a pinch from Rachel Harris to remind him to head to his next class.
Wait, Rachel was standing right next to him? What if she was his girlfriend? Why *wasn’t* she his girlfriend? Is that like one of those teen movies? You know, like Teenwolf?

Then four days before the dance, Lana had bounced back in front of him. “Clark, I’ve decided that Walt is a much better candidate for Homecoming King, so he’s taking me to the dance. No hard feelings.”
Ugh.

“None,” Clark had sputtered, still in awe whenever Lana spoke to him. “Walt is much more likely to win.”
:rolleyes:

“Super-duper, Clark. You’re the greatest,” Lana had announced and bounced away, no harm, no foul.
Ugh.

“I’m sorry, Clark,” Rachel had sympathized with him.

“I’m not,” he had replied with a grin. “She knows who I am now.”
Ugh. But hey, it could be worse. It could be Dan and Lois.

Six months later, while at senior prom with Rachel, Clark could have sworn he heard Lana scream.
Oh boy. What’s Walt up to?

“Walt! Stop it! I told you, I don’t want to tonight,” Lana had yelled at her on-again-off-again boyfriend.
[Linked Image] Also, she sounded like she already bounced on (sic) guy to guy. He particular drunk?

“You’re such a tease, Lana,” Walt had insisted. “I know you want this as much as I do.”
So, she still un-plucked after all?

“No, Walt! We need to talk,” Lana had said.
WALT: Fine. You on the pill or shall I…?

Upon hearing the tearing of fabric and another scream, Clark had gone outside to see if he could find Lana and Walt.
[Linked Image]

He whisked open the door of Walt’s truck, and pulled Lana out.
Ooooh! Just like Back to the Future. Also, I doubt Walt actually got to do more than grab her and rip her clothes. Otherwise, he’s pants would still be kinda down at his ankles and stuff. Removal of body parts is still an option.

“Kent, you freak, leave us alone!” Walt had roared, charging at him like a bull. “Lana’s my girl, and I can do to her what I want!”
[Linked Image]

Clark had hit him in the jaw, knocking him back against the truck with that one strike.
clap

Her eyes had lit up at this news. “Kansas State? Me, too,” she had said as he had pulled the grumbling, rumbling truck up outside of her house.
So, she gets deposited back home by the town ne’er-do-well in a battered truck, her dress looking really worse for the wear. Do they really think that’s a good idea?

Her twin brother, Max, and her father, Mr. Harris, hadn’t been thrilled at their late arrival though.
Yeah, and you can’t tell the Sheriff about breaking up an attempted date-rape.

he had found himself airborne. For the first time in his life, he had felt free.
Awwwww…

At least, that was what Walt had always said.
Yeah. And since Lana kept shut up…

Lana cut off her Farrah Fawcett locks into something more conservative, stopped wearing tube tops, and clothes that were so tight, toned down her make-up, and stopped hanging out with the party crowd.
Oh dear. Sounds about right.

Clark had known the truth. Lana had lost her bounce.
frown

At Kansas State that fall, the coach moved Clark from quarterback to defensive back. It was nice to be out of the spotlight and protecting the goal, instead of attacking someone else’s.
Oh Clark.

They hadn’t become friends, by any means, but she greeted him by name whenever they passed, much to the chagrin of her sorority sisters and fraternity admirers.
Alpha Sister: What’s she doing again, greeting that foureyed nerd?
Beta Sister: I have *no* idea. But he does have a nice behind.

Lana had even sought Clark out, on occasion, at parties. Not so much by name, or voice, but with her eyes. He had seen tension in Lana at these events until she noticed him.
Awwwww, she’s such a lovely contradiction.

but just to give her peace of mind.
Puppy.

Other girls started flirting with Clark at these parties, but he wasn’t interested in drunk girls.
Poor guy. Got no idea how this works.

He often walked them back to their dorms, but he wasn’t interested in doing more with them. They hadn’t made him feel like Lana did when she smiled at him.
Yeah, I guess the scent of cheap cola-vodka and barely held back vomit really isn’t on his list of favorite things to put his tongue into.

Lana had been the one distraction he allowed himself from his studies, the Kansas State Collegian student newspaper, and Wildcats football.
A guilty pleasure! Like Lois and chocolate.

He and Rachel had hung out during his free time, laughing and talking about his college experiences and what hers might be like.
Oh, she’s a year his junior?

All in all, they had made love four times before Clark returned to college a few days later.
Awwwww and four times, even.

If he wasn’t willing to share his secret with that person, he shouldn’t be willing to share his body either.
So, Rach knew?

The next time he made love, he had vowed to himself, it would be to the woman he would marry… unless he happened to bump into Rachel Harris again before then.
clap

After the break, he started hanging out once more at Lana’s sorority house, so much so that Lana’s sorority sisters designated him as house puppy.
clap

They even had a contest on who in the house could tempt the cute defensive end into their bed first,
[Linked Image]

If they had only known, he had already lost his virginity the summer before with Rachel.
They’d would instead bet on who would succeed with him the most often in a single night?

None of those girls could hold a candle to her, and his intense feelings of love, respect, and friendship that he had for his best friend.
He really doesn’t get how cheap, meaningless college-sex works, does he? Maybe they should offer a course on this subject during freshman year.

and had been about to move on with his life, letting Lana move on with hers, when he heard Lana speak up in his defense.
Drat. Almost.

When Clark returned to Smallville at Christmas, he learned from the Harris family that Rachel had dropped out of U of K after one semester and joined the Army.
Is that like back when, when a young woman went to a convent for a year? The timing sure fits. He probably also shouldn’t come close to Sheriff Harris’s gun collection.

Because alcohol never seemed to affect him, so he found it pointless to drink, he became the sorority’s designated driver (or home walker, as the case may be), the safe date, the house protector, and on rare occasion, house bouncer.
evil

He went from being the sorority house’s joke to being house bodyguard in the space of a few months.
So, Cat joined the sorority as house mother and cleaned up the mess?

Even though Lana didn’t consider Clark boyfriend material for herself, her sorority sisters did and often tried to interest him in fooling around.
Oh boy. cat

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.