Christina: Thank you for the FDK! smile1

Yeouch, questioning his own worth as a reporter.

On the other hand, it's quite possible he might have just relied on them a little more strongly than in the past. The best way to get past that is to work at being what you are worrying about all the more.
The first time he lost his powers, he basically was doing Superman PR stuff and not doing any investigating. Although a good reporter in his own right, he has fully blossomed under Lois’s tutelage. He isn’t thinking clearly that even when he has his powers investigations like this take legwork and time.

Lana, his Lana had probably found the right person for her in the end after moving on from Clark.
Actually, not. Alt-Lana is currently alone and in hiding. After she was kidnapped in October of 1996, she sued Clark (Superman Foundation) for coming out as a super powered alien superhero and therefore putting her (as his ex-finance) in jeopardy from criminals, bad-guys, and paparazzi. Despite the case having no merit (being that Tempus outed Clark, not Clark himself), Clark settled out of court, because he did feel to blame for Lana being kidnapped.

It's very possible she had resigned herself to never having children considering his unique differences.
Perhaps.

Double yeouch. That had to hit Clark in the gut pretty hard. I know he wanted a family even if he couldn't father one. That she accepted in part because she wouldn't have to deal with children had to have been a bit of a rattler for him.
He figured two things could happen. A) Lana could be right and they would be childless, but he’d rather have her than nobody. Or B) Surprise, surprise, they were compatible and could have children. He always hoped that he could change and soften her opinions of him and children (as canon Clark does with canon Lois).

Remind me again, did he tell her before they slept together?
Yes. They didn’t sleep together until the night of the first proposal. (or demanded proposal).

Whoah, so Lana was one of the people Walt had raped or attempted to rape(at least in his world)?
Yes. Walt attempted date-raped Lana during prom. They had been dating on-again-off-again for most of senior year though. He figured she had put out before, so she should do so whenever he wanted.

I'm guessing Lana decided that a personal protector was what she wanted in life. It's sad that she felt like she needed to KEEP him her (singularly) personal hero.
She knew she was safe with Clark, and even though she grew to care for him… and told him it was love, it was more of a master /servant or master / pet relationship. <<ducking, for that last analogy >>
I'm guessing the Walt thing did a bigger number on her than Clark ever realized.
At this point, something else happened while Clark was out of town. He doesn’t know what and he never felt comfortable enough in their relationship to ask. He just hoped he would be able to love her enough to heal her wounds.
Clark doesn't sound like he was ever jealous of the other people out there that she could dance with. I'm guessing she's just using him as an excuse at that point.
At this point, he’s used to his “body guard” role. He’s always watched Lana with other guys, and hasn’t been jealous, because he never had a right to be. She was like a goddess who he worshipped, but whose behavior he didn’t find himself worthy to comment on. Yes, she’s using him.
Sounds like he's starting to toe that line she seems to have laid out there for NO ONE (not even Clark) to pass. I'm also guessing she's willing to (for her "guardian angel") carefully slide the line back just a little bit.
Yes, after the last “event” happened, she doesn’t want any man to touch her, even Clark. She sees Clark as the palace eunuch there to guard her.
And finally trying to actually DATE her and not simply be a chauffeur.
If she’s been telling everyone that they’ve been going steady all this time, but taking him home as her pretend boyfriend and treating him as a servant who obeys her every command was the last straw. He figures if they’re going to date, they should actually date.
Showing much more affection in his kiss than the one from Lana.
Well, that’s probably because he likes her more than she likes him.
Lois is a kindred spirit in the sense of what she believes in and does and that makes her attractive in a way that Lana never would be able to attain.
He was beguiled by Lois at first, but fell in love with her take-no-prisoners attitude. Plus, Lois thinking there were no bounds on what he could accomplish and loving her Clark more for who he was instead of less, helped a lot too. [Linked Image]

Ah, so she's the banker's daughter. That actually makes a lot more sense on the financial questioning. I do think that telling Clark he wouldn't amount to much is rather cynical though, even with the fact he couldn't seem to hold a foster family. Not much hope for humankind in general and it seems like it might have carried over to Lana.
I see Lana more as the hottest daughter of the richest family in town. They always gave her whatever she wanted. They looked down on Kent (and Irigs) because they were farmers. (Not that the Langs would ever say so publicly). They expected such a prize jewel to end up with the likes of a Luthor and not a Kent.
Lana: I like his kisses a lot and he's so kind and understanding with me. Maybe...
Yep, he’s starting to finally break down the barriers she put up after dealing with the other scum out there.
I'm guessing he should have waited a day and then told her letting her have time acclimate to the "how did he do that?"-edness of his abilities. Both Canon and Alt-Clark were past that when he told Lois (or when Alt-Clark tells Lois in this case.)
Yep, it was forced reveal. Although, because he asked her to “stay” there is a chance he had already been planning on telling her the truth about himself that night.
*facepalm* I know you're about to tell her but doing too much of that at one time it going to scare her.
He’s TRYING to show her the positives of his abilities, in a very lunkheaded manner.
Of course are angels (stereotypically) asexual and not interested in physical intimacy?
Are they? Hmmmm. Well, that would explain a lot.
Ouch, I'm guessing they attempted some sort of prayer/exorcism for him or something like that. Poor Clark.
*to Clark* c'mere.
Clark: thanks but -no offense, Christina- but I would rather have that kiss from Lois.
Lois: Not yet bud.
CLARK: As long as it’s a kiss on the cheek, then, Christina. [Linked Image]
LOIS: Hey! Wait a minute!
CLARK: Lois, you can’t have it both ways. Either I’m yours to kiss or I’m free to kiss whoever I please.
LOIS: Give me a minute to think about this…
Yep, I figured this would be universal.
LOIS: That Lana needed to be hit over the head by a 2x4? I can help with that. Can I? hyper Please?
I love Gunne Sax dresses. I have two of them in my personal costume collection (neither of them fit anymore sadly) and they're both of the square low-cut variety with poofy sleeves (one of them looks almost identical to the blue dress that Giselle wears in "Enchanted" except it's denim.)
Oh, I loved Enchanted. (Really, I need to break down and finally buy myself a copy of that movie, since nobody else has gotten it for me.) Yes, I remember Gunne Sax as being all the rage in the mid-1980s. Although, the alternative would be Laura Ashley, but I think that’s a bit later in the 80s. (Sadly, I could never fit into her dresses, they were so misshapened to a woman’s body. I did love them though… At the time. I've come to discover that flowerprint is definately NOT my style. laugh )

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.