John: Thanks for the multitude of FDK! smile1

Is it just me or should that be "one more time"?
[Linked Image] Wow, in the first line, too. That's bad. Would you believe me if I told you that I think my computer deletes words or parts of words when I copy the file from my draft to my prepping to post copy?

I may have been harsh on Lois after the last two instalments, but it is not all her fault. Clark bears some of the blame. He could have been more patient during the annoucements of the Kerth Awards.
CLARK: Paitient? I told her congratulations and the threw it in my face that it was *her* story.

Well, at least she sees this.
LOIS: I may speak without thinking sometimes, but I'm not BLIND. <<brow furrows>> Cat, why are you laughing?

So how long has it been since the Kerth Awards were announced, or are you just having us guess. If I followed things right, they were announced on a Monday, and maybe this is the following Friday/Saturday? Well, at least in reality sep. 26, 1993 was a Sunday, and the awards were announcement the next day, so that would be a Monday. I went to the trouble of counting back using this month's calendar to make sure that was right. If I understand later on this is Saturday night, so the 2nd of October. Clark could have asked her out for Friday night, maybe, if he thought they won't work too late, so this is a reasonable worry. Especially since even if he wanted to go slow he could have at least asked her out for sometime next weekend by now, at least some guys would do that.
He could have, technically, yes. But with them in the middle of a fight, he thought it best to wait and see if his attempt at a big gesture on Kerth night would be accepted and they could move past the fight. I'm assuming a week or two between announcements and awards.

It is amazing how quick to judge others Lois is, especially considering who this is. It is also slightly odd she does not recognize her faster, but I guess you do not plan to see people who don't quite belong there.
It also explains why Lois doesn't see Clark when she looks at Superman.

Is Jimmy that bad that he would pick up a new lady while on a date?
LOIS: No, I guess not, because it's not a date-date, but still... ALL ATTENTION should be ON ME!

I have to agree this was the best idea Clark has had so far. I should have thought of that, but I didn't.
<Phew> I can still be unpredictable. smile1

I mean let's see

1- Lois is bringing Clark with her to Kansas. It would be worse for him if she went alone.
And not as much fun.

I am wondering if anyone will recognize Clark as Jerome. Well, I suspect Martha and Jonathan will, but will anyone else. Such as Thomas? My bet is no. Same reason that no one recognizes Clark as Superman. People see what they want to see. In the case of people like Jerome, or Charlie King, barman, people do not see them at all a lot of the time.
evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.