Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 12:09 AM
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

You all knew it was coming eventually, so here it is. dance
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 09:06 AM
Jimmy was full of wonder at being at the Kerths.
Ahhh, that’s where we are.

Lois, herself, felt as if something was missing or, someone, to be more accurate.
6’, dark hair, dreamy eyes?

It was all her fault. If she hadn’t let her ego get in the way, she and Clark could be enjoying their second date here at the Kerths.
clap

It had the best view of the ceremony without having to turn around, and it had a clear path to the side of the stage for when she went to claim her award.
clap

Sure, he knew he wasn’t on her boyfriend radar, what with their age difference and all, but it hadn’t mattered to Thomas. One smile and he had been lost forever.
Well…at least he had an idea in his mind for his Thomas-time.

The only reason Walt had invited Rachel to his senior prom, after Lana had dumped him to go with Hank, was because he had discovered that his little brother had a crush on the pretty junior, who could out tush-push anyone in Lawrence County.
[Linked Image]

Thomas buried his face in his hands. “I don’t know what to do. I can’t call Max, and it’s the feds are who are doing this. I didn’t know where to turn.”
Can’t he, I don’t know, take pot shots at the guys who invaded his house?

Lois sat at her desk. She knew she shouldn’t be daydreaming, not here at work, but her fingers glided over her lips where Clark had kissed her on Saturday night after the Kerth awards.
So, second date. And the third will be the corn festival in Smallville. That means they’ll make a superman out of Clark in his counterparts bedroom, yes?

Then he had grabbed Jimmy’s arm and dragged the complaining young man out of the apartment with him.
Clark! What if Jimmy was trying to score with Lois’s younger sister?

Lois had started out by reassuring Lucy that the surveillance hadn’t returned to the apartment.
evil
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 09:07 AM
“Oh, I know,” Lucy had replied. “Superman double-checked for me after dropping me off.”
clap

Lucy had giggled. “Who do you think my airline pilot was?”
Wonder Woman? Dark Blade? The Caped Crusader?

Lois had been green with envy, actually she still was. Superman had flown her sister across the country.
clap

Her grey mug slipped out of her hand, bounced on her desk before falling to the floor to shatter and splash cold coffee all over her shoes.
Whhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ralph started to clap and cheer.
What’s up with him now? He got a death wish?

that the man actually paled and ran from the bullpen.
Nature called and he missed it?

“I wouldn’t want you cutting your foot or slipping. CK would never forgive me.”
Great. The most-overprotective-pseudo-boyfriend-in-the-world™ has branched out.

“Thanks, Jimmy,” Lois said automatically. The room started to spin, and she could have sworn her desk lurched to the side.
Hey! When did she get knocked up?

Clark lied to you. Clark lied to you about his family. What else did Clark lie to you about? Why?
What did Clark tell Lois about? Or is she just going by the last name? And *that’s* why they’re going to Smallville? Not because of the Environment stuff? Unless that’s the cover to Perry.

“Uh-huh,” he said, and shot her a disappointed expression. She ignored it.
confused

Did she mention why she needed Superman so urgently?” Lois demanded.
Well… Martha’s Clark’s second cousin, by adoption. Hey, it could be!

It was possible that Smallville’s local newspaper wasn’t large enough to have its stories on the internet database yet.
Or have an internet connection. Or a computer. I think they recently got electrical power in the townhall. Half the townies scampered off into their hovel when the mayor turned on the light. The rest started chanting and clasping their crucifixes.

Lois’s fingers drummed on her keyboard again. She turned slightly in her chair to pick up her phone, only to feel a slight squish of coffee in her shoes. She ignored it. Some things were more important than wet feet.
Oh dear.

Clark enjoyed flying over the Atlantic. It was quiet, serene, and he could fly leisurely, lost in his thoughts.
Blissfully unaware of the storm of bantha poodoo brewing back home.

They had waited until after dark in Paris so that nobody would see Cat arrive in the arms of Superman.
That would have been a fun page-one for the Met Star clap

He had clasped Clark on the back and told him ‘well done.’
So, Clark Kent, what are you going to do next?
CK: Go to Disney Land!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 09:08 AM
Getting Lucy to Metropolis took a Herculean feat as well. First Clark had to convince Lucy to return to Metropolis and stay with her sister at the Lane house of electronic bugs.
hyper

Add to all of those, the light kisses he and Lois had shared after brunch. They had returned to Lois’s apartment and read the Sunday Daily Planet together, while Lois ate a powdered sugar covered croissant.
Did he kiss her before or after?

It had started out with her licking the sugar off her lips before saying, “Clark, I want to try something.”
Ah, yes. After. Let’s hope she goes and brushes her teeth first.

He had glanced up from the sports pages. Apparently, Tommy Garrison had lost some of his strength and vitality due to the lack of the special cyborg vitamin elixir that Dr. Lane had put him on, and he had turned himself in to police in hopes of being put back on it in prison. In his dreams.
hyper

Or about Clark's phone message from Martha?
wave Michael
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 10:03 AM
I like how Clark handled the date situation at the Kerths. Very classy.

It seems like things are coming to a head for Clark with Lois discovering the Kents. Can't wait to read about that.

Joan
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 12:34 PM
Lois checked her hair in the restroom mirror on more time. It didn’t need it. She looked as good as she ever would. Jimmy was full of wonder at being at the Kerths. Lois, herself, felt as if something was missing or, someone, to be more accurate.
Is it just me or should that be "one more time"?
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 01:12 PM
She sighed. It was all her fault.
I may have been harsh on Lois after the last two instalments, but it is not all her fault. Clark bears some of the blame. He could have been more patient during the annoucements of the Kerth Awards.

If she hadn’t let her ego get in the way, she and Clark could be enjoying their second date here at the Kerths.
Well, at least she sees this.

So how long has it been since the Kerth Awards were announced, or are you just having us guess. If I followed things right, they were announced on a Monday, and maybe this is the following Friday/Saturday? Well, at least in reality sep. 26, 1993 was a Sunday, and the awards were announcement the next day, so that would be a Monday. I went to the trouble of counting back using this month's calendar to make sure that was right. If I understand later on this is Saturday night, so the 2nd of October. Clark could have asked her out for Friday night, maybe, if he thought they won't work too late, so this is a reasonable worry. Especially since even if he wanted to go slow he could have at least asked her out for sometime next weekend by now, at least some guys would do that.

some strumpet who was sitting in her seat!
It is amazing how quick to judge others Lois is, especially considering who this is. It is also slightly odd she does not recognize her faster, but I guess you do not plan to see people who don't quite belong there.

Is Jimmy that bad that he would pick up a new lady while on a date?

"Clark invited me,” Lucy said.
I have to agree this was the best idea Clark has had so far. I should have thought of that, but I didn't.

“Clark?” Her teeth started to grind. Who invited him?
I though she wanted him there? Also, she knows that sub-letting dates does not work.

“He said that you’d want me here to help you celebrate your third Kerth win,” Lucy gushed, and then blushed. “And James. He said that you had invited James as your date, and me as his so that we could swap once we got here. That was so sweet of you to do that for James, so he could be included.”
She might have gone with this plan if she knew they could pull it off. The fun thing is that Jimmy may well believe it is what really happened.

“How did you get here?” Lois asked.

“Cab.”
At first I thought this was a question to Clark, and he was being just obtuse. "How did you get here" could be "how did you get in". It is also possible that he came under whatever pseudonym he used to write under, not that he did, but Lois might think that is why he writes as well as he does without an established trail of publishing.

“No, of course not, Lois. Clark was able to get me a cheap last minute flight,” Lucy said with a giggle. Then she grabbed her sister’s shoulders to whisper in her ears. “He’s amazing! I know you’ve been raving about him since he arrived, but I didn’t realize what you meant until now. He did this for you, you know.”
Half of me wonders if Superman provided Lucy a ride, but on rereadin it, I don't think so. At first I expected her to say something indicating she knew under her breath. Of course, it would seem strange for Clark to tell Lucy ever, and especially before Lois, but the thought did cross my mind.

Lois’s glare at Clark’s shoulders softened. “I should go say ‘hello’ to my new date,” she said. “And move to the other side of Jimmy because that’s my seat.”
Well, I am glad Lois is taking this so well. A little surprised, but only a very little. Jimmy's shock that his cousin thought Lois Lane was hot and not Cat probably makes such a shift in dates easier, but that was long ago enough that it is probably not a very big issue in Lois' mind, if it factors at all.

Clark turned around as she approached. “Congratulations, Lois.”
This is the best way to strat off, period.

“You invited my sister on a date?” she said with her hands on her hips. She had strictly forbidden that.

He grinned. “I did.”

Her lips blossomed into a smile. “Thank you.”
I guess going against Lois' specific orders works. Of course, if he had been planning to treat her sister as his date, and if she had invited Jimmy out of more than spite, things would probably be very different.

I have to say Clark pulled this off in a way that worked. I did not expect that, but of course I had largely forgotten about Lucy and Jimmy dating.

“You’re forgiven,” he replied.
Umm, Clark, I would not have advised saying this. I see danger in even implying there is a reason to forgive her.

She ignored this.
Are we sure this is not a close? OK, I know it isn't. I still am a little shocked that Lois allowed that line at all though.

“So, you thought this was the only way to get a second date with me?”
Careful Clark, you are now on thin ice.

Clark shrugged in that sheepish way he did. “I figured you were worth the extra effort and expense. It’s not every day one gets their third Kerth Award. I wanted to be here for you.”
I guess he really did buy Lucy a plane ticket. I guess bringing her Superman express would not really work, especially since he wants no connection with SM to LL. This is the one answer that worked. It also does not exactly answer the question, but some questions are not meant to be ansered. Clark is learning.

“Then we’ll be okay,” Lois said with a wink.

Clark slid his hand to the curve of her back and guided her back towards their table. “We already are,” he murmured.

She couldn’t agree more.
Oh, can we just end the story here? Everything is well with Lois and Clark, so why develop any more. OK, not everything is well. She does not know the truth. So I guess we can't end here. Still it is a nice place to stop, so I will end this FDK at this point. It was definantly a fun segment.

At first I wondered why you do not tell us more of the evening, but then I realized that anything more would probably be a let down. We do learn a little more from flashbacks, but some things the imagination does better than being told.
Posted By: angelsgmaw Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 02:03 PM
I think this story installment just tied a knot in the pretty bow you are trying to make. Lois is being all "Miss I Can Get Answers By Taking Charge Of This Situation" and she is about to blow everything and get Clark killed. I see storm clouds!

I know you have a plan about this story, and you are aiming at somewhere to end it, but for the life of me, I cannot see where this is going. That either makes a wonderful story, or a frustrating one. I'm still enjoying it even though it frustrates me not to understand where you are taking it. Then again, that sounds like Lois.

Pat
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 02:53 PM
“Urban versus rural is the same story. It’s the same problem,” she said as Clark walked up to them. “Except sometimes it’s easier to understand in a smaller setting, a microcosm, for example.”
This is actually a really good point.

“I will,” she said, turning to Clark with a dazzling smile. “Let’s go pack, Chuck. We’re going on a trip to the farm belt.”
And he still has no clue where they are going.

“Yep, an innocent farmer is being held against his will by federal agents,” she explained. “They told his son that he was thrown off the property, but he saw his dad tied to a chair inside the house. Meanwhile, the feds are tearing up his property with bulldozers looking for pesticides. The son is currently hiding out at the neighbors in fear.”

“Sounds like a job for Superman,” he murmured.
I knew it.

“Funny. That’s just what the neighbor who called in the story said,” Lois replied, patting his arm and heading to her desk to grab her briefcase. “Come on. If we hurry, we can catch the four thirty flight to Topeka.”

Clark froze. “Topeka?”
Lois is very sneeky. How is Clark going to get out of this. He might just have to come clean. I am glad Martha called and finally forced Clark's hand.

Well, he needs to tell her something before she gets to Smallville. I was thinking he could take her as Superman. That would solve the no recognition problem on sight, but not the no one knowing Clark Kent.

He probably would be best off telling her that he is actually from Smallville in a different dimension. OK, I doubt she will believe that at first, but maybe if he waits until they get there, and gives in the indepth run down on the place, she will believe he knows it so well he must have grown up there, and she just might, possibly, maybe believe his story. Not likely even then, but it might possibly work.

On the other hand, does he have time to call and get Martha and other in on a conspiracy to give him a past? I doubt he would even if there was time.
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 09/30/12 06:42 PM
Jimmy was full of wonder at being at the Kerths. Lois, herself, felt as if something was missing or, someone, to be more accurate.

She sighed. It was all her fault. If she hadn’t let her ego get in the way, she and Clark could be enjoying their second date here at the Kerths. Instead there was a truckload of tension between them.
Probably not as much as you think.

Clark hadn’t mentioned the Kerths again since that day that Perry had announced her nomination, nor had he asked her on a second date. That was her fault as well. Why couldn’t she have just told him the truth about lunching with Lex?
I doubt that's the reason, Lois.

Jimmy was leaning toward and whispering into the ear of some strumpet who was sitting in her seat! She hadn’t spent that much time in the restroom that Jimmy could’ve had enough time to pick up someone, had she?
“Lucy?” she sputtered. “What are you doing here?”

“Clark invited me,” Lucy said.

“He said that you’d want me here to help you celebrate your third Kerth win,” Lucy gushed, and then blushed. “And James. He said that you had invited James as your date, and me as his so that we could swap once we got here. That was so sweet of you to do that for James, so he could be included.”
Awww. Giving Lois a family connection she has not had in a long time is a good thing and giving Jimmy a friend (more than a friend?) to be with is an added bonus as well.

“You invited my sister on a date?” she said with her hands on her hips. She had strictly forbidden that.
She did?

He grinned. “I did.”

Her lips blossomed into a smile. “Thank you.”
Sometimes going against Lois's edicts work out better than you expect I guess.

Oh dear, I see us nearing the top of a steep climb. Arms up! Arms up!!

A couple of ‘we loved your story’ or ‘your story moved me to tears’ messages. Her brow furrowed. How come she never got any of those? Her stories were twice as good anything Chuck wrote. She pressed her lips together in annoyance. It probably had to do with the mood factor. Yep, both of those messages were on mood pieces that Clark had written about some historic buildings on the demolition list for the new Lex Towers. She rolled her eyes. Those two men would never get along.
Nope, never will. (Almost) never have.

Her hand paused on the last message. Urgent. Need to reach Superman. Martha. And a phone number. Who in the hell was Martha? And why was she calling Clark to try and reach Superman? Everyone knew that Lois and Superman were best buds… okay, that was part of the problem with their relationship, and one of the reasons he had backed off in recent months, giving other reporters a fair share of stories. She still saw Superman in the course of her work, interviewing him on fires, robberies, muggings, and the like, but people like Cat covered the charity circuit, and Clark the foreign pieces, and even Pete in sports had covered Superman throwing out the first pitch of the last game for the Metropolis Monarchs.
Spreading the wealth around a little better, I suppose?

The area code, 620, wasn’t one that she knew. She sat down at her desk and pulled up her reverse directory on the computer. As the computer searched, she looked at her coffee mug. Her coffee had gone cold, but did she really want to go through the effort of cleaning it to get a fresh cup? Her computer beeped and she glanced up at the screen.

Jonathan and Martha Kent, Smallville, KS.

Her grey mug slipped out of her hand, bounced on her desk before falling to the floor to shatter and splash cold coffee all over her shoes. Lois didn’t notice, her eyes still fixated on the monitor.
Lois: First thought... his parents are still alive in Smallville? Then why did they give him up to the foster system? Clark always talks of them fondly and supposedly they died in a car crash. Then again... that can't be. Clark wouldn't lie about something like that so that means they're not his parents. But how is that possible??

Jonathan and Martha Kent of Smallville, Kansas.

The words danced in front of her as if floating in the air. Swirling around it were her own thoughts written out for all to see.

Clark lied to you. Clark lied to you about his family. What else did Clark lie to you about? Why?
Clark: I didn't lie to you. I just told you something and you assumed these people were my parents. I didn't tell you that I came from a different universe.

Cat: (whispering) You're not helping yourself.

Lois went back to her computer, switched search programs, and typed in the name Martha Kent. Nothing came up; just as nothing had come up about Clark – her Clark, at least – when she had typed in his name. It was possible that Smallville’s local newspaper wasn’t large enough to have its stories on the internet database yet.
Quite probable. I don't think the newspaper around here had theirs online until 2000+ and we're only around 35,000 (probably larger than Smallville but not by much) and there's still local newspapers that don't even HAVE an online presence.

Clark froze. “Topeka?”
Think he knows where this is going? Are things going to get too close for comfort here, Clark?
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 08:07 AM
Hi Virginia,

“Lucy?” she sputtered. “What are you doing here?”

“Clark invited me,” Lucy said.

Lucy?

hyper hyper

wave
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 09:22 AM
My look at all that FDK! hyper <<fans self>> Looks like I've got some catching up to do. First up...

Michael: wave

Ahhh, that’s where we are.
No, the bathroom at Lex's apartment. Give her a little credit.

6’, dark hair, dreamy eyes?
LOIS: Him, too.

There’s still hope for them?
If there wasn't, I'd be running for my life from Wildguys on parade.

My, are we awfully sure of ourselves.
It is Lois, after all.

So, maybe if she doesn’t mention him at all?
PERRY: Now, that would just be petty, since everyone knows he should have been up on that stage with her.

LOIS: Everyone?

CLARK: :rolleyes:

R1: Gee, seen Mad Dog?
R2: yeah. Must be the time of the month again.
R3: Did you hear about the Metropolis Star table?
R4: Yeah, Mad Dog looked over there and the table just blew up.
R3: Must be that time of the month.
R4: evil It hurts more if you were almost where you wanted to be, then WHAMO!

Also, GGGoH time? Well, duh, since you glossed over the Smart Kids.
There will be a few episodes that will get shortened to one liners in this story. Smart Kids was one of them. Sorry, if you disapprove.

Well…it’s made of wood and makes a perfect target for an RPG.
Still feels safer than without it.

So, how *are* LnC going to end up at the Kents’?
[Linked Image]

FA: “Have you been consorting with your life stock?”
HB: “Yup.”
FA: “Have you been consorting with your sisters?”
FA: “Have you been consorting with your daughters?”
FA: “Have you been cross-dressing?”
FA: “Have you been harboring aliens.”
HB: “Yup. Uuu Nay. Huh?”
[Linked Image] This was terrific! notworthy

And Martha is thinking “Clark Kent, Daily Planet. He might want to help us.”
Perhaps.

Are federal agents allowed to do that? I mean, *on* US soil?
Usually not.

Wait! They remember that rock from when they found their Clark, don’t they? And had a piece of the rock somewhere as a memento until they realized. No, that last part was in Another Lois, wasn’t it?
Yes and no. Yes, they remember the rock. No, the rock they had in Another Lois was the one that Thomas just brought to them. Without a Superman, B39 had no reason to go searching for the Meteorite.

Huh? Why is he talking about his family in the third person?
[Linked Image] Thanks. I changed it to "us Irigs"

Rachel was the one who did…things to Walt while he was trying to concentrate on driving?
More on what happened later.

Well…at least he had an idea in his mind for his Thomas-time.
[Linked Image]

Can’t he, I don’t know, take pot shots at the guys who invaded his house?
Too many of them? Might miss and hit dad?

So, second date. And the third will be the corn festival in Smallville. That means they’ll make a superman out of Clark in his counterparts bedroom, yes?
CLARK: I'm already a Superman.

EW: And because Kal-El was never officially adopted by the Kents, he didn't have a bedroom of his own.

Clark! What if Jimmy was trying to score with Lois’s younger sister?
LOIS: He probably was.

CLARK: Lois didn't need to hear that on her big night. Anyway, THAT's not why I brought Lucy to town.

JIMMY: No?

CLARK & LOIS: No!

JIMMY & LUCY: sad

Okay, I've got to run. More later.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 11:20 AM
Huh? Why is he talking about his family in the third person?
[Linked Image] Thanks. I changed it to "us Irigs"
I just assumed he meant his Mom and Dad when he said "the Irigs". However, thinking about it, he would not have said it that way if that is what he meant.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 11:26 AM
On the whole my reaction to this section is still dance

I mean let's see

1- Lois is bringing Clark with her to Kansas. It would be worse for him if she went alone.

I am wondering if anyone will recognize Clark as Jerome. Well, I suspect Martha and Jonathan will, but will anyone else. Such as Thomas? My bet is no. Same reason that no one recognizes Clark as Superman. People see what they want to see. In the case of people like Jerome, or Charlie King, barman, people do not see them at all a lot of the time.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 03:27 PM
Michael: Part 2 FDK Response. Sorry about the delay but real life came knocking. I have about an hour before it calls again, so let's see what I can accomplished before then. <<stretches fingers and neck>>

Wonder Woman? Dark Blade? The Caped Crusader?
No. No. No.

SUPERMAN: I don't know those people. I've heard of that third one, and that first one sounds intreguing. Do you have a picture?

LOIS: [Linked Image]

SUPERMAN: Never mind.

And date Clark! Hmm…maybe he *did* it for Clark, after all.
You mean Superman did fly Lucy across the country for Lois. Lucy goes on date with Clark freeing Lois up for Superman? [Linked Image]

She taking a private uuuu plane?
CAT: It's the *only* way to fly. <checks item off list> Okay, darlin', there are just a few more things I need you to do.

CLARK: Hey, look! Isn't that guy married to that fameous model. I wonder what he's doing with that football player.

CAT: What? Where?

CLARK: [Linked Image]

CAT: [Linked Image] Celebrity scandle, every time. One of these days, I'm going to stop falling for it.

‘bunking’ huh?
I'm going to leave that up to the individual Reader's interpretation.

Very high places.
CAT: Very nice, indeed.

Yeah. Best not tell her. Ever.
Now, where's the fun in that.

Oh my. Message from Smallville?
[Linked Image]

Specializes in spandex.
I was thinking soy sauce on tie, but that works.

So, she never gets ‘your story made me cry’ messages from little children?
Little children only read the comics page, so 'no'. But she has gotten a few "You sent Mommy and her boyfriend to jail, you mean lady!" notes.

What if Clark asked Lex to walk with him, hand in hand, on the rail tracks? And whoever jumps out of the way first, is a stinking chicken.
CLARK: Can it be an empty cargo train with no passengers, running on autopilot?

LEX: No. I refuse to hold that man's hand.

CLARK: Spoil sport.

Blonde strumpet.
clap

JONATHAN: Say, what?

MARTHA: Nothing, dear. He's referring to a time before we met.

Because his middle name’s Jerome?
Actually, the Kents never gave the baby in the grave a middle name, but that works.

The other’s that Perry ordered her to. Threatening to not publish those stories from her.
PERRY: Come on, Lois. There are other stories to write. Let the other reporters get a little time in your spotlight.

LOIS: No, it's mine, all mine. Precious.

Wild night in Kansas. All of them naked together in a bathtub.
CLARK: Thank you for THOSE nightmares.

/eyes bomb with peculiar interest/
Oh, dear, the computer didn't like that smilie.

What’s up with him now? He got a death wish?
RALPH: What? Who told him?

Nature called and he missed it?
clap

Great. The most-overprotective-pseudo-boyfriend-in-the-world™ has branched out.
I needed Jimmy there to have her probe (no, not that way) about the message, and for some reason, I couldn't see her cleaning up this mess.

Hey! When did she get knocked up?
Wrong kind of dizzyness.

What did Clark tell Lois about? Or is she just going by the last name? And *that’s* why they’re going to Smallville? Not because of the Environment stuff? Unless that’s the cover to Perry.
A little of both. Mostly the former, but a shiney story is always nice too.

Clark told her that he ended up in foster care after his folks died, which implies that there was no immediate family to take care of him. So, who were these Kents living in his hometown? Why didn't they take him in? Were his parents still alive? Did he have aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, etc., that he never told her about?

“Uh-huh,” he said, and shot her a disappointed expression. She ignored it.

confused
That disappointment would be from reading Clark's phone messages. Not surprise, just disappointment.

Well… Martha’s Clark’s second cousin, by adoption. Hey, it could be!
It could. But it isn't.

Or have an internet connection. Or a computer. I think they recently got electrical power in the townhall. Half the townies scampered off into their hovel when the mayor turned on the light. The rest started chanting and clasping their crucifixes.
Those towns usually are up in the mountains and not in the plains.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 03:31 PM
Michael: Page 3 FDK response...

Blissfully unaware of the storm of bantha poodoo brewing back home.
Yep. hyper What? That was longer than the 4-part FDK for "Fireworks"? jawdrop
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 03:33 PM
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I like how Clark handled the date situation at the Kerths. Very classy.
Thanks. I'm glad my bait and switch worked. laugh

It seems like things are coming to a head for Clark with Lois discovering the Kents. Can't wait to read about that.
Possibly. evil
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 03:38 PM
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I think this story installment just tied a knot in the pretty bow you are trying to make.
Thanks, Pat. I try my best.

Lois is being all "Miss I Can Get Answers By Taking Charge Of This Situation" and she is about to blow everything and get Clark killed. I see storm clouds!
Only one dead Clark per story, sorry.

I know you have a plan about this story, and you are aiming at somewhere to end it, but for the life of me, I cannot see where this is going.
Forward, for now.

That either makes a wonderful story, or a frustrating one. I'm still enjoying it even though it frustrates me not to understand where you are taking it. Then again, that sounds like Lois.
Um... yeah, this is one of my longer stories. blush So, no, it's not ending yet, or anytime soon. But I promise you I won't go through all four years of the show. laugh How is that for vague? peep Thanks for sticking with it and me.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 04:43 PM
John: Thanks for the multitude of FDK! smile1

Is it just me or should that be "one more time"?
[Linked Image] Wow, in the first line, too. That's bad. Would you believe me if I told you that I think my computer deletes words or parts of words when I copy the file from my draft to my prepping to post copy?

I may have been harsh on Lois after the last two instalments, but it is not all her fault. Clark bears some of the blame. He could have been more patient during the annoucements of the Kerth Awards.
CLARK: Paitient? I told her congratulations and the threw it in my face that it was *her* story.

Well, at least she sees this.
LOIS: I may speak without thinking sometimes, but I'm not BLIND. <<brow furrows>> Cat, why are you laughing?

So how long has it been since the Kerth Awards were announced, or are you just having us guess. If I followed things right, they were announced on a Monday, and maybe this is the following Friday/Saturday? Well, at least in reality sep. 26, 1993 was a Sunday, and the awards were announcement the next day, so that would be a Monday. I went to the trouble of counting back using this month's calendar to make sure that was right. If I understand later on this is Saturday night, so the 2nd of October. Clark could have asked her out for Friday night, maybe, if he thought they won't work too late, so this is a reasonable worry. Especially since even if he wanted to go slow he could have at least asked her out for sometime next weekend by now, at least some guys would do that.
He could have, technically, yes. But with them in the middle of a fight, he thought it best to wait and see if his attempt at a big gesture on Kerth night would be accepted and they could move past the fight. I'm assuming a week or two between announcements and awards.

It is amazing how quick to judge others Lois is, especially considering who this is. It is also slightly odd she does not recognize her faster, but I guess you do not plan to see people who don't quite belong there.
It also explains why Lois doesn't see Clark when she looks at Superman.

Is Jimmy that bad that he would pick up a new lady while on a date?
LOIS: No, I guess not, because it's not a date-date, but still... ALL ATTENTION should be ON ME!

I have to agree this was the best idea Clark has had so far. I should have thought of that, but I didn't.
<Phew> I can still be unpredictable. smile1

I mean let's see

1- Lois is bringing Clark with her to Kansas. It would be worse for him if she went alone.
And not as much fun.

I am wondering if anyone will recognize Clark as Jerome. Well, I suspect Martha and Jonathan will, but will anyone else. Such as Thomas? My bet is no. Same reason that no one recognizes Clark as Superman. People see what they want to see. In the case of people like Jerome, or Charlie King, barman, people do not see them at all a lot of the time.
evil
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 05:05 PM
CLARK: Paitient? I told her congratulations and the threw it in my face that it was *her* story.
True patience is allowing her to brag about a story without reminding her she had any help. On the other hand, this Clark is not a very patient man. dance However, I actually do like where it did end. Hmm, maybe this is because I just dislike Lex that much, at least when Lois is giving him the time of day.
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/01/12 05:08 PM
She's still talking to Lucy. How he got to the Kerths was explained in the last part.
To us. Lois was not there when Perry told Lois, so she is not in the know. I guess I underestimated the distance to where Clark is.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 12:00 AM
Christina: smile1

She did?
Yep, in part 15 when Lucy came to the office to make sure Clark wasn't planning on using her sister (quoted line above in Michael's FDK Response).

Sometimes going against Lois's edicts work out better than you expect I guess.
We know that Lois keeps claiming to "hate" surprises, but she respects anyone who can accomplish it. (Bringing Lucy to the Kerths and conning Lois to go to the Sew. Rec. Fac.)

Oh dear, I see us nearing the top of a steep climb. Arms up! Arms up!!
clap

Nope, never will. (Almost) never have.
True.

Spreading the wealth around a little better, I suppose?
LOIS: It wasn't MY choice.

Lois: First thought... his parents are still alive in Smallville? Then why did they give him up to the foster system? Clark always talks of them fondly and supposedly they died in a car crash. Then again... that can't be. Clark wouldn't lie about something like that so that means they're not his parents. But how is that possible??
Pretty much, except I doubt she ever thought that M&J were Clark's parents being that Martha wouldn't leave a message from "Martha", but "Mom" wouldn't she?

Clark: I didn't lie to you. I just told you something and you assumed these people were my parents. I didn't tell you that I came from a different universe.

Cat: (whispering) You're not helping yourself.
LOIS: Lex gave me the name of a good psychologist by the name of Dr. Carlin. She should be able to help you with these strange beliefs that you're from another dimension, Clark.

Quite probable. I don't think the newspaper around here had theirs online until 2000+ and we're only around 35,000 (probably larger than Smallville but not by much) and there's still local newspapers that don't even HAVE an online presence.
Ours did only just recently as well.

Think he knows where this is going? Are things going to get too close for comfort here, Clark?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 12:17 AM
Sydney: Another long FDK! dance

Lucy? <jawdrop>
Hee-hee.

What a good idea!

CAT: Yes! EVEN I agree! Why? Because I am a good friend, of course.
CAT: Well, actually, he never consulted me about his choice. It's not like I'm hurt that he didn't consider me... Okay, I am.

Yes! I love to read about Jonathan and Martha in Smallville.
You're in luck. Lots of M&J coming up.

A big guy with a cape, may be.....
MARTHA: As a matter of fact, I'm thinking he might be willing to help us...

CAT: A little?
laugh

Mad Dog investigating.... Poor Clark!

CAT: And I'm not here to help him...
Originally this scene was to have Cat take the message and leave it on Clark's desk and only mention it off-hand after he dropped her off in Paris, sending him rushing back to find Lois had discovered the note. OR have Lois overhear Cat take the message. There was more than one reason I sent her out of town.

Private jet ! Of course. Or is it a private pilot?
And I'm sorry, Virginia, but "the rue Loire" doesn't exist in Paris.
Superman Express. Private transportation?

blush I knew I meant to ask you something. laugh French, clearly, isn't one of my languages. Did I totally mess it up how to name a street in French? COULD there be a Rue Loire? So, there isn't a street along the... [Linked Image]. Ooops. That was supposed to be Rue Seine. I can't remember why I wrote "Loire"? Oh, right, probably confused the Loire Valley (very beautiful wine region) with the Seine River. It's been a while since I was in France. <<double blush>>

Looking forward to the next part in Smallville.
angel-devil
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 12:23 AM
I knew I meant to ask you something. French, clearly, isn't one of my languages. Did I totally mess it up how to name a street in French? COULD there be a Rue Loire? So, there isn't a street along the... . Ooops. That was supposed to be Rue Seine. I can't remember why I wrote "Loire"? Oh, right, probably confused the Loire Valley (very beautiful wine region) with the Seine River. It's been a while since I was in France. <<double blush>>
Yes, the river in Paris is the Seine. And there is a street in Paris (a very nice street) whose name is "Rue de Seine". It's not along the river, but it's not very far.

wave
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Sydney:
I knew I meant to ask you something. French, clearly, isn't one of my languages. Did I totally mess it up how to name a street in French? COULD there be a Rue Loire? So, there isn't a street along the... . Ooops. That was supposed to be Rue Seine. I can't remember why I wrote "Loire"? Oh, right, probably confused the Loire Valley (very beautiful wine region) with the Seine River. It's been a while since I was in France. <<double blush>>
Yes, the river in Paris is the Seine. And there is a street in Paris (a very nice street) whose name is "Rue de Seine". It's not along the river, but it's not very far.

wave
Merci!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 12:47 AM
Originally posted by John Lambert:
True patience is allowing her to brag about a story without reminding her she had any help. On the other hand, this Clark is not a very patient man. hyper

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Hmm, maybe this is because I just dislike Lex that much, at least when Lois is giving him the time of day.
Well, fear not, kind Reader. Lois shall not give Lex a thought for the next 10 parts or so. laugh (that I can recall off the top of my head).

To us. Lois was not there when Perry told Lois, so she is not in the know.
Clark tells her off-page. I didn't think it necessary to repeat the information for the Reader.

I guess I underestimated the distance to where Clark is.
Terrible sorry... blush Let's see...

<strong> Lucy pointed a little way off, and Lois saw a familiar pair of broad shoulders standing to the side of Perry and Alice.
Okay, maybe not ACROSS the room, but not at the table where Lois and Lucy were standing and Jimmy was sitting.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 02:13 PM
quote: Ahhh, that’s where we are.

No, the bathroom at Lex's apartment. Give her a little credit.
hyper

This was terrific!
Thank you blush

Too many of them? Might miss and hit dad?
Yeah, but if he hits the tall guy in the middle, the others might disperse in a wild panic.

LOIS: He probably was.

CLARK: Lois didn't need to hear that on her big night. Anyway, THAT's not why I brought Lucy to town.

JIMMY: No?

CLARK & LOIS: No!

JIMMY & LUCY: [Sad]
clap

Part 2 FDK Response. Sorry about the delay but real life came knocking.
clap I’m guessing Amazonia’s out, too, then? Huh, why’s Dark Blade looking at me that way…? Ummm… clap Also, what’s Paul Lacroix doing with…huh…is that Charlotte Tennyson again?

quote: Yeah. Best not tell her. Ever.

Now, where's the fun in that.
In remaining the only alive Kryptonian on this planet?

Little children only read the comics page, so 'no'. But she has gotten a few "You sent Mommy and her boyfriend to jail, you mean lady!" notes.
clap

CLARK: Can it be an empty cargo train with no passengers, running on autopilot?
clap
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 02:14 PM
quote: Hey! When did she get knocked up?

Wrong kind of dizzyness.
drool

CLARK: I plan on being married by then.

LOIS: Good answer.
[Linked Image] Diana knows about a loophole. It includes both her and Lois being naked on a beach.

LOIS: I know he has a real life and isn't just out there keeping an eye on me.

CLARK: Phew.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Now that he’s pacified, let’s see…

quote: You mean, like comparing Ralph and a Bonobo?

[Huh]
Bonobos – little primates that use sex as their favorite means of communications, conflict resolution, and greeting.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/02/12 02:15 PM
Well, if Lucy and Jimmy hadn't been there, but then again... whose fault was that?
/points at Clark/

Are you sure you didn't read ahead?
[Linked Image]

CLARK: But... but... but... who would I be obsessed with then?
/hands Clark a stack of photographs/
[Linked Image] [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCg4e3mSvm0p9fvm6ESJvljB2H8xR1e-dumTq5oNI5IsJH3gU7YLE0UZdj[/img] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Just some ideas…

You caught on. Good.
blush

CLARK: But... But... But... I just picked up a box at the store.

LOIS: Leave 'em, bub. You won't need them.

CLARK: Awww. Shucks.
[Linked Image] She’s already got some in her purse.

PERRY: Only if it's a page one story.

LOIS: Er... Um... Kind of.

CLARK: Lois!

LOIS: But not for the Daily Planet.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/03/12 02:23 PM
I was just thinking general plotwise speaking…
Um... Ooops?

/tries to connect dots to R1 and R2/
R1 and R2 were sitting at the Met Star table (Preston bought a table and a few Kerth judges to get his reporters nominated). Then sudden explosion. R3 & R4 were sitting at a nearby table.

No. And for lying, you don’t get to go to second base with Lois.
CLARK: But... But... But... That *other* Clark MARRIED his Lois.

You evil. Oh. Right.
laugh

Meeehhh… We’re only three episodes away, now
drool </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do I think Perry wouldn't approve?

Diana knows about a loophole. It includes both her and Lois being naked on a beach.
LOIS: That isn't a loophole. That's torture.

CLARK: Potato / Tomato.

LOIS: Now that he’s pacified, let’s see…
LOIS: I think I'll test that theory by taking up naked yoga in the evenings.

Bonobos – little primates that use sex as their favorite means of communications, conflict resolution, and greeting.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

/points at Clark/
/Clark points at Lois/

/hands Clark a stack of photographs/
CLARK: Nice outfit. drool Nice, but I think taken. Nice, but has over-protective vindictive boyfriend/toy. This last one looks familiar but I just can't place her name. Nope. I'll stick to being obsessed with Lois. Thank you.

LOIS: <sets down box with green rock inside> Good choice.

She’s already got some in her purse.
If not her purse, then definately in her briefcase.

Hmm…Good question, now that you mention it. Fireworks might just have had more smilies in it. Or it was a 12-part FDK. And had more smilies.
Awwwww. Did Michael want another FDK badge? But you already have more than all the other ERs combined?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/03/12 03:20 PM
R1 and R2 were sitting at the Met Star table (Preston bought a table and a few Kerth judges to get his reporters nominated). Then sudden explosion. R3 & R4 were sitting at a nearby table.
Yeah, I just can’t figure out that line.
R4: [Shock] Are you nuts? It wasn't me! It wasn't me!
Well, I do have *one* idea, but that’s not really appropriate blush

CLARK: But... But... But... That *other* Clark MARRIED his Lois.
Aaaand? He also married Zara, and nothing happened there either. And the clone. Well, he got the first base with her. But she was a bit of a slut.

Episode do not equal one Part posting.
I know. What do you call a 10part section? You know, like ‘decade’?

That's the rumor or they might martyr him and rally in his name.
Nutjobs with guns. Great.

Preschool. Today, I get 2.5 hours of free time during preschool. [Dance] Only use this uniterrupted time for writing not answering FDK. Sorry.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/04/12 12:23 AM
ER: Yeah, I just can’t figure out that line.

R4: [Shock] Are you nuts? It wasn't me! It wasn't me!

ER: Well, I do have *one* idea, but that’s not really appropriate
Jokes just aren't as funny when you dissect them, but here it goes:

R4: hyper Her! I'll take her! Although, younger me might not like it much.

No, it was just an oh-dear-how-did-that-happen and since—you-mentioned-it remark
Well, it could be *my* fault. The posting parts in this arc tend to be longer than in other parts of the story. blush Terribly sorry. I tend to try to limit them 15-20 pages double spaced, and there are, I believe, at least 2 parts that went over my top page limit. <<hangs head in shame>> I just can't stop myself. <<checks into OverWriters annoymous>>
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/06/12 11:09 AM
Jokes just aren't as funny when you dissect them, but here it goes:
I know. But they’re also like a traffic accident that keeps on happening wink

R4: [Shock] <to R3> Are you nuts? <to Lois, while pointing at R3> It wasn't me! It wasn't me! <i.e. blow him up, not me!>
Oh. Duh! wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/06/12 07:01 PM
I know. But they’re also like a traffic accident that keeps on happening
Only works if someone still enjoys them?

LEX: clap Keep them cars piling up! And LexMotors will have its best month ever.

It’s not just you.
Now, there's a scary thought. Cat with super powers. dance

LOIS: Scary bad!

/nods/ Let’s hope his kids get the brains from mommy.
Only the girls, because goregous naivity with super pms probably isn't a good look.

Maybe DC should have named the daughter in her summer ficathon Bikini story "Lark" (part Lois, part Clark.)

LOIS: She your daughter. You deal with her.

CLARK: Yes, honey. Whatever you say. Beautiful, stubborn, fierce as a tiger, strong as me, and thick as a wooden door. Yep, my daughter.

Ho. Really. I *love* being that sort of evil
/Hands Michael his shiny subtle evilness badge/

And it only cost her her modesty.
LOIS: <sheepishly> And?

/waits for Lois to punch him/
CLARK: But... but... but... I said I didn't want Zara!

When googling, I also stumbed across that infamous stripper’s bikini photo and one of her in Wonder Woman getup. I think that one was also from the show. And the version where she played a Wonder Woman on another TV show. Anyhow, figured those where a) not appropriate and b) not indicative enough for easy recognition.
I think we had enough photos.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: [Linked Image]

Awwwww! Wrong Clark found his Wrong Lois. /waits for Right Lois to punch him some more/
LOIS: What does he mean "Young Lois"? What am I aged cheese?

CLARK: Honey, I like cheese. I've even joined the club.

LOIS: WHAT did you say?

CLARK: A rescue? Isn't that someone asking for help? I better go write up that story! <runs off>

Atta girl.
At least I acknowledge my problem, that's part of the cure, isn't it? BTW, I saw Lois at Chocoholics Annoymous tonight. She says to say 'hello'. Oopps. So much for annoymous. blush
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/06/12 08:25 PM
{Quote]I think we had enough photos.

CLARK: <shakes his head with a smile>

LOIS: <waves rolling pin type weapon>[/Quote]

Clark: But honey, I was just wanting more pictures of Lois.

Lois: Put that is a different Lois, so it does not count.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/07/12 02:39 AM
LEX: [Clap] Keep them cars piling up! And LexMotors will have its best month ever.
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/07/12 01:46 PM
I think we had enough photos.

CLARK: <shakes his head with a smile>

LOIS: <waves rolling pin type weapon>
Clark: But honey, I was just wanting more pictures of Lois.

Lois: But that is a different Lois, so it does not count.
clap
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/07/12 01:56 PM
Michael: Plot bunny? Um... not for me, my inbox is currently overflowing. Feel free to run with it or share it with others.

/clasps badge, sits down, starts staring at badge with fascination/
Umm…where were we?
Oh, dear. I knew we shouldn't have made it shiny.

It’s the way how you said it. Like, when Lois asks you if she looks thin and you tell her that “she doesn’t look fat today” or that “those pants don’t make her look fat”.
LOIS: Exactly.

CLARK: Oh, so you were reading between the lines.

LOIS: What line? You said the words!

CLARK: Oh. blush Hey, is that the fudge castle?

LOIS: Where?

Stipper Lois:
CLARK: I always did like the American flag. drool
Wonder Woman Lois:
CLARK: I'll just have to wait until we can get EW away from her computer to watch enough episodes to come to that image, because the website would not let us see it. Maybe I can get Herb to...

LOIS: What are you talking about?

CLARK: Hi, honey. <quickly switches off computer> Nothing.

Hey, I only posted the links. And they’re at least totally PG-13.
CLARK: And those weren't *my* LFI collection. I was holding on to them for Jimmy.

LOIS: Uh-huh.

Well, once you turn 27, it’s downhill all the way.
And the age difference changes to 5 years since he's from the future.

CLARK: That you smell like cheese?
clap Oh, that's just bad.

CLARK: So, this is like when I made out with Clois?
CLARK: *That* wasn't me! It was the other Clark, I swear.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/08/12 02:00 PM
Oh, dear. I knew we shouldn't have made it shiny.
Precious. My precious.
You know, on a different note, I just had another plotbunny. What if Lois accepts Clark’s proposal that way, you know, clasping the ring and grinning and whispering ‘precious, my precious’?

LOIS: What line? You said the words!

CLARK: Oh. [Embarrassed] Hey, is that the fudge castle?

LOIS: Where?
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/09/12 12:50 PM
Precious. My precious.
You know, on a different note, I just had another plotbunny. What if Lois accepts Clark’s proposal that way, you know, clasping the ring and grinning and whispering ‘precious, my precious’?
drool

LUCY: <Tosses him the magazine> Be my guest.

LOIS: Clark, aren't C.J. *your* initials?

CLARK: Yes, but... it wasn't me! I didn't write that article. Trust me.

LOIS: Why?

CAT: [Linked Image]

Yeah. He’s really robbing the cradle. Almost old enough to date Cat. Without her robbing the cradle.
CAT: Hmmmm. He might be getting too old for me.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/09/12 02:08 PM
CLARK: Great. Now Lois has been cross-cloned with pre-Hobbit DNA. On the other hand, it does explain her hairy feet.

EW: <hiding because people still remember certain dream from GEM>
wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/10/12 09:12 AM
EW: <hiding because people still remember certain dream from GEM>
EW: Actually, I was hiding for fear of retaliation for saying something so horrible about Lois's feet, having totally forgotten Clark's foot fetish from GEM. blush whinging Apparently, my family wants to know what I look like after getting a dose of vitamin D that doesn't come from a computer monitor? huh I don't understand that concept either. Will post 51 early, but 52 might be late on Monday.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/14/12 03:08 AM
CLARK: <quizical expression> My suit?
Eeeeeehhh… Sorry, Lois. I think he really doesn’t know what goes where.

How about Lois: The New Adventures of a Super Reporter instead?
wave
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/15/12 02:58 PM
Eeeeeehhh… Sorry, Lois. I think he really doesn’t know what goes where.
Make up your mind, Lois, either you want them untouched or you want them experienced. Anyway, maybe Mom and Dad died too early to talk about the birds and the bees?

/points at Lois’s top drawer in her nightstand and the collection of steamy romance novels she’s hidden in there/
LOIS: You mean this novel by Grant Cather? Nah.

Actually, people read *maybe* the headlines of anything with the Lois Lane byline. They only by the papers for the gossip (persons interested in a male partner), sports (persons interested in a female partner), and classifieds (persons interested in a new job).
LOIS: NO! That's not true. People READ my stuff and breeze through the rest of the trash!

*heavy sigh* On the plus side, it won’t affect my FDK time slots <dizzy man>
Oh, dear. I since a vacation from a computer in Michael's future. Perhaps I am posting too often for his sanity.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/16/12 01:15 PM
Make up your mind, Lois, either you want them untouched or you want them experienced.
How about like Kinder Surprise Eggs? Chocolate and Toy.

LOIS: You mean this novel by Grant Cather? Nah.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: NO! That's not true. People READ my stuff and breeze through the rest of the trash!
[Linked Image] She’s adorable, isn’t she?

Oh, dear. I since a vacation from a computer in Michael's future.
shock /starts shivering/

Perhaps I am posting too often for his sanity.
/waves hand in so-so gesture/ If you need to take a buffer-slow-down, there will be griping and whining, but one will manage. /eyes stack of todo-items like summer ficathon and fall ficathon. Umm…/

[Linked Image] Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/18/12 12:19 PM
How about like Kinder Surprise Eggs? Chocolate and Toy.
LOIS: Sounds good to me! You don't mean chocolate and a surprise, do you? That works too.

She’s adorable, isn’t she?
CLARK: I think so. [Linked Image]

LOIS: Clark, kissing my butt still won't get me to forgive you for lying.

shock /starts shivering/
Oh, I see, he's addicted like me. I'd say good, but probably 5 out of 5 doctors wouldn't agree with me.

/waves hand in so-so gesture/ If you need to take a buffer-slow-down, there will be griping and whining, but one will manage. /eyes stack of todo-items like summer ficathon and fall ficathon. Umm…/
I'm trying to catch up but RL keeps slowing me down. I'm just finishing up Part 61 and just posted part 53, so that makes my buffer at...7-8 at the moment, which is, well, stress-inducing horrible. In my opinion. If it drops down any further, which I hope it won't, I may have to post irregularly whenever I send a new part to Beta, leaving not less than a five-part buffer (any less than that would be bad, in case changes need to be made to the story. Like I just had to re-write the end of part 60, because I had forgotten I'd already covered something in an earlier part. wallbash ) If I get on a roll, I can pop out a new part in 2 days.

Needless to say, and I'm speaking for everyone else on the boards, we'd love a new Michael story. [Linked Image] <- that's supposed to represent "nudging".
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/18/12 01:18 PM
LOIS: Sounds good to me! You don't mean chocolate and a surprise, do you? That works too.
Yeah. Those. The one’s that are illegal in the US.

Oh, I see, he's addicted like me. I'd say good, but probably 5 out of 5 doctors wouldn't agree with me.
ARI: I agree.
MAX: Me, too.
GRETCHEN: /raises hand/
Doc FRISKIN: You guys are all nuts.

If I get on a roll, I can pop out a new part in 2 days.
help Like Lois and Clark, when they actually get busy.

Needless to say, and I'm speaking for everyone else on the boards, we'd love a new Michael story. <Virginia is gently prodding writer-playing-possum with stick> <- that's supposed to represent "nudging".
blush wave Michael
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/18/12 04:45 PM
Virginia, You could just revise you parts so they are shorter and thus gi e yourself a larger buffer. peep
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/18/12 06:16 PM
Michael: smile1

Yeah. Those. The one’s that are illegal in the US.
Illegal chocolates? drool

ARI: I agree.
MAX: Me, too.
GRETCHEN: /raises hand/
Doc FRISKIN: You guys are all nuts.
LEX: They sound logical to me, except for the last one.

Like Lois and Clark, when they actually get busy.
No, LnC getting busy scenes sometimes take more than two days. For some reason, I keep getting distracted. [Linked Image]
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/18/12 07:11 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John Lambert:
<strong> Virginia, You could just revise you parts so they are shorter and thus give yourself a larger buffer. whinging

The other problem it might pose is that might mess up my neat and tidy spaced cliffies. Right now, I have like three (or is it four?) in a row coming up evil but if I cut the parts in half, it might double that. [Linked Image]

huh What do you think?
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/19/12 06:31 PM
I'm really OK either way. Part of me says it would be fun to have parts post more often, but if they are shorter I am not sure it will really be better.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/20/12 09:41 AM
Great chin-scratch-smilie. Didn’t notice that one before wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/21/12 02:57 PM
I'm really OK either way. Part of me says it would be fun to have parts post more often, but if they are shorter I am not sure it will really be better.
I've reposted your idea on Part 54's thread to see what others think. Apparently, my readers have more of a RL than I do. wink
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/21/12 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Great chin-scratch-smilie. Didn’t notice that one before clap
I was looking for "the Thinker" but stumbled across that one. Just when I've think I've spotted all the good ones...

Oh dear. That would put PML squarely into the Valentine’s season where it’s meant to be.
Well, I do hope to be finished posting Wrong Clark before the end of 2013. I was hoping before the end of 2012 but that doesn't seem likely now.

evil

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Children choking hazard. Food aren’t toys. Or some such law. Never been a problem in other countries, though.
Oh, right, them. For some reason I thought you were talking about adult toys. Silly me.

I was thinking Lois popping out little Clarks the way you pop out story parts?
LOIS: shock What's that?
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/21/12 10:25 PM
I was thinking Lois popping out little Clarks the way you pop out story parts?
They both take 9 months?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/22/12 11:28 AM
Well, I do hope to be finished posting Wrong Clark before the end of 2013. I was hoping before the end of 2012 but that doesn't seem likely now.
Oh dear. You *do* realize you’ve just added hope for another year’s worth of parts to this story, right?

Oh, right, them. For some reason I thought you were talking about adult toys. Silly me.
wave Michael
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/22/12 02:13 PM
JIMMY: Wow! I had no idea! You guys are the greatest! It was so smooth how you pretended to be fighting this past week. You had me so convinced.
Lois:We decided to create a false cover so you didn't get your hopes up, if Superman was busy with some emergency and couldn't bring Lucy. laugh
Clark:Right. Exactly what she said.

CLARK: blush Yep, it was me... I mean, super me. And NO I didn't tell Lucy about Superman and myself. That would be suicidal.
Is that because she would tell Lois, or because Lucy would be enraged at his lunkheadedness?
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/22/12 02:27 PM
Well, fear not, kind Reader. Lois shall not give Lex a thought for the next 10 parts or so. laugh (that I can recall off the top of my head).
Lois did think about Lex in part 53, so we did not have a lex reprive as long as promised. Still, it was way, way less thinking about Lex than Clark, even if we only look at those positive things she thought of Clark in that part, which are not many, so I really can't complain.

As it is, I think this part had no mention of Lex. dance
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/23/12 09:36 AM
Oh dear. You *do* realize you’ve just added hope for another year’s worth of parts to this story, right?
Don't forget that there will be a Book 3 after this one.

No, just the relative number. There’ve been stories with a dozen or more kids in the Kent household.
Sorry, guys, I've already promised Tank that there will be no...<<cough>> babies (other than the Kal-el one) in this Book. (My consession for forcing 2 Jimmys down his throat. wink ) It's in my WHAM warning.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/23/12 10:01 AM
Lois:We decided to create a false cover so you didn't get your hopes up, if Superman was busy with some emergency and couldn't bring Lucy. laugh
Clark:Right. Exactly what she said.
Yep, Jimmy would have bought that.

Is that because she would tell Lois, or because Lucy would be enraged at his lunkheadedness?
Because she would have told Lois, or accidently let it slip, because she thought that Lois already knew.

As it is, I think this part had no mention of Lex.
I cannot comment on Part 53 here, due to possible spoilers.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/24/12 02:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Darth Michael:

Don't forget that there will be a Book 3 after this one.
/runs sentence through google translate/ Huh cool *two* more years worth of reading time on this epic series!

Sorry, guys, I've already promised Tank that there will be no...<<cough>> babies (other than the Kal-el one) in this Book. (My consession for forcing 2 Jimmys down his throat. [Wink] ) It's in my WHAM warning.
wave Michael
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/24/12 06:46 PM
Does this mean there is hope for babies in Book 3?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/24/12 06:48 PM
Does this mean there is hope for babies in Book 3?
cool
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/25/12 09:49 AM
/runs sentence through google translate/ Huh cool *two* more years worth of reading time on this epic series!
No Comment. cool
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 10/16/13 08:30 PM
Okay, no more delays. She might as well go out and get this over with. Lois just knew that when she got to the part of her speech about whom she was thankful to, she was afraid she would break down in tears because she wouldn’t be looking at Clark’s supportive smile as she said his name.
In the second sentence, since it is what Lois "just knew", I think it should be "thankful to, she would break down", no need for a modifier.

On another note, even without cutting the parts in half this story is looking to be well on the way to getting to 200 parts.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Wrong Clark (47/??) - 11/12/13 12:57 AM
In the second sentence, since it is what Lois "just knew", I think it should be "thankful to, she would break down", no need for a modifier.
Okay, thanks. Fixed (well, in the Archive version). laugh

On another note, even without cutting the parts in half this story is looking to be well on the way to getting to 200 parts.
The parts haven't been "cut in half". I've steadied them out at roughly 18 double spaced pages. About that ballpark number... wallbash I never meant for it to be that long. I never wanted it to be longer than Missing Lois (109 Parts). /Sigh/ Never say 'never', huh? It's the tucking in all those other ideas I probably would have put into other stories which made it so long. As you may have noticed, being 'concise' has never been my strong suit. It's a trait I envy in others. Back to writing Part 153...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards