“Urban versus rural is the same story. It’s the same problem,” she said as Clark walked up to them. “Except sometimes it’s easier to understand in a smaller setting, a microcosm, for example.”
This is actually a really good point.

“I will,” she said, turning to Clark with a dazzling smile. “Let’s go pack, Chuck. We’re going on a trip to the farm belt.”
And he still has no clue where they are going.

“Yep, an innocent farmer is being held against his will by federal agents,” she explained. “They told his son that he was thrown off the property, but he saw his dad tied to a chair inside the house. Meanwhile, the feds are tearing up his property with bulldozers looking for pesticides. The son is currently hiding out at the neighbors in fear.”

“Sounds like a job for Superman,” he murmured.
I knew it.

“Funny. That’s just what the neighbor who called in the story said,” Lois replied, patting his arm and heading to her desk to grab her briefcase. “Come on. If we hurry, we can catch the four thirty flight to Topeka.”

Clark froze. “Topeka?”
Lois is very sneeky. How is Clark going to get out of this. He might just have to come clean. I am glad Martha called and finally forced Clark's hand.

Well, he needs to tell her something before she gets to Smallville. I was thinking he could take her as Superman. That would solve the no recognition problem on sight, but not the no one knowing Clark Kent.

He probably would be best off telling her that he is actually from Smallville in a different dimension. OK, I doubt she will believe that at first, but maybe if he waits until they get there, and gives in the indepth run down on the place, she will believe he knows it so well he must have grown up there, and she just might, possibly, maybe believe his story. Not likely even then, but it might possibly work.

On the other hand, does he have time to call and get Martha and other in on a conspiracy to give him a past? I doubt he would even if there was time.

John Pack Lambert