John: Wow, more long FDK. You guys are spoiling me. hyper Keep it up. laugh

I was surprised it was Clark, and you did not throw in some complication.
hyper

QUOTE: The light in his eyes brightened. “Wait a minute,” Clark said, pointing between them. “You thought this was an official first date?” He grinned with a wink. “That’s right; you forgot it was your birthday. I was just inviting you out as friends. You told me you wanted to slow down. Remember?”

I don't buy this explanation. He acted like it was a real date. He told her it was a real date. If he wanted her to think it was just a birthday celebration he should have mentioned her birthday, otherwise her remembering it would be irrelevant, since the issue was only did he know it was her birthday, and if he said nothing she was safe in assuming he did not know.
He's only teasing her, trying to make jokes so that she forgives him for running off and throwing up after sucking on her fingers, which really embarrassed him. He's trying to save face. He never really thought it wasn't a date, but if it makes her feel more comfortable with it not being a date, since he's humilated himself, he's more than willing to try again. I didn't say it was a sucessful joke, but he's trying to get her mind off his problems with sweets. It's called distraction.

She has a very good point.
She usually does.

I am surprised she did not commit to memory his license number and check to see if such really existed.
I don't know about driver's licenses in other states but in ours it's a mishmash of letters and numbers, probably not easily rememberable, plus he snatched it away before she could focus on it more.

I think it was primarily Lana who told him to get over his sweats aversion. This has to be one of the most negative versions of Lana possible. Although, they really did not leave much room for a positive version of her in the show.
2 Points. Lana. Actually, I just finished reading Female Hawk's The Accused and that Lana is pretty bad. And there's a scary Lana from an old fic (Shane Terry's The Family Hour ) where she had actually married Luthor. SHE was really scary. My Lana is more manipulative than evil. More on her coming up soon.

I was hoping the flowers were not from Clark. I doubt it. He learned what was up with the roses, so probably has almost as much of an aversion as does Lois. Plus, it just does not seem to be his style. He believes in being there for Lois, not just giving her things.
True on all accounts. Plus, at some point Clark says he'll never be able to look at Roses again the same way.

Anyway, red roses seem a bit much. White or yellow maybe, but not red yet. That is going a little too fast, even without the negative associations with Ms. Taylor's illegal business.
Am I the only person who doesn't associate flower colors with meaning? huh I would never have gotten uncomfortable with any guy (I was dating) giving me red roses, nor would I have assumes that they meant "love" as in actual LOVE. love But, hey, that's just me. Flowers are nice, but not really a gift, IMO, more of a gesture. We even had kind of yellowish, peachy roses at my wedding. Does that mean my husband and I didn't love each other? We're only friends? Oh, dear. wink

Lastly, I figure that if Clark wanted to give her flowers, he would do so in person, not send them by delivery.
Yes, kind of tacky, since they work together and he's sure to have seen her at the office to have them delivered. Much more romantic to hand deliver them. Unless, of course, he doesn't want the whole office to know about their date.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.