Finally, he relented and ate the fruit from her fingers, his tongue brushing over her fingertips. He smiled generously, and she returned his smile. That’s right, Clark, little steps.
Ooooooh!

but when he swallowed his face went ashen. He stood up. “Excuse me,” he said and rushed off from the table.
Huh? This sounds like. Is someone having an accident?

“I’ll get the check and take you home,” he suggested reluctantly, waving at the waiter for the bill.
Hey! She’s not even halfway done eating.

You are going to take me home, and you aren’t leaving until you tell me the truth,” she demanded, pointing at him.

“Well, if you insist,” Clark said, as a sly smile replaced his other one. “— but we’ll have to call Perry and explain why we won’t be coming into work tomorrow, or the next day, or…”
Okay, so it took me a moment to realize that it’s not because he’s actually spilling his beans and keeps spilling for days.

“You aren’t encouraging me to be forthcoming,” he said. “If this is my punishment for keeping things from you…”
wave Michael

Next up: Lois's POV of these events.
huh No, it's not up. confused

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.