She glanced through the peephole and saw Clark standing in her hallway.
I was surprised it was Clark, and you did not throw in some complication.

Lois opened the door and pressed her lips together so her jaw wouldn’t drop.
Well, Cat seems to be a good friend. She has helped Clark impress Lois.

It was the first time Clark looked right. He didn’t look wrong.
At this rate the story may need to be renamed.

"It's not my birthday, Chuck,”
He should have checked on this being the same in both universes.

“Well, yes, but that’s not until…” Lois’s eyes widened. “Today! Oh, God! I forgot my own birthday.”
I guess he is up on things and she is not. I did not know it was possible to forget your own birthday.

There was a knock on her once again closed front door.
He seems to have found a way to at least make it appear he did not listen in.

“Happy birthday, Lois. You look amazing,”
Is this where he decides to shift it from a date to a birthday get-together, or is that only later on to cover for his rushing?

“You just came in though, didn’t you?” she sputtered.
I am surprised she is this daring, what with all her premonitions of late.

“I thought we could use a do-over,” he said, reassuring her.
Does that really work?

“So, open it later?” Lois guessed, and Clark nodded.
What? Lois not demanding to open it right now? Has she been replaced by a clone?

Clark squeezed her hand. “My mom used to bake all the time,”
He is really opening up.

“Excuse me?” She couldn’t believe he would lie to her face about his own birthday.
If he was to lie to her face he would make up something believable, not something that obviously won't work.

I was abandoned.
Well, this is not precisely true, but does Clark know what really happened?

When my parents found me they guessed I was about three months old, so they gave me that birthday. They told me I was so special that my birthday should be too. It was switched to the twenty-eighth when the papers went through the channels, but between us it was always February 29.”
He has told her a lot more than she knew before.

The light in his eyes brightened. “Wait a minute,” Clark said, pointing between them. “You thought this was an official first date?” He grinned with a wink. “That’s right; you forgot it was your birthday. I was just inviting you out as friends. You told me you wanted to slow down. Remember?”
I don't buy this explanation. He acted like it was a real date. He told her it was a real date. If he wanted her to think it was just a birthday celebration he should have mentioned her birthday, otherwise her remembering it would be irrelevant, since the issue was only did he know it was her birthday, and if he said nothing she was safe in assuming he did not know.

“Friends don’t suck other friend’s fingers,” she countered.
She has a very good point.

I am surprised she did not commit to memory his license number and check to see if such really existed.

John Pack Lambert