“Yes, so you say,” Henderson went on. He picked up on that morning’s Metropolis Star he had snatched off someone’s desk when he returned from Kent’s apartment, and dropped it in front of them on his desk. The headline blared: “Garrison Calls Superman a Chicken. Is He Right?”
I think it should just be "picked up that", I do not think you need the on.

Kent nodded. “I spoke to Murray Brown from the Superman Foundation a few days ago when Menken’s started spreading rumors of Superman attending the fight. Mr. Brown told me that Superman wouldn’t be fighting anyone for money, charity or otherwise,” he said. The man looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here having this conversation. Henderson wondered why that was.
I think that should just be "Menken started". Either that or you could maybe go with "Menken's office started".

There wasn’t anyone on it, but from experience he knew many people were hurt from falling debris as from the winds themselves.
I think that should be "knew as many".

He gazed down saw her in courtyard between the barn and the house. She was looking at him with such pride, that his heart began to ache. Oh, to have his mom look at him like that.
I think there should be an "and between down and saw and a "the" in front of courtyeard.

John Pack Lambert