Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Christina: Thanks for comics links. No, I wouldn't think Lois' hair in the 70's would look bad... I was thinking 80's, but not as bad as Clark's during "Superman: The Wedding Album". :rolleyes:

If Lois and Clark (and/or Superman) got married before, even if it was Earth 2, why was it such a big deal when it happened on Earth one? huh [/b]
Because while Earth-2 was considered A canon for the Golden Age, it wasn't considered the definitive universe and thus was only occasionally seen (fading out when the Superman Family books were discontinued.) They didn't have to deal with the daily ins and outs of it. It would be like Canon-Clark never marrying Lois (and instead trying to get out of her knowing and therefore marriage) while Alt-Clark getting married and only occasionally seeing him. To most of the readership they weren't considered married (Lois broke off her relationship with Superman when she got tired of his excuses and Clark was dating Lana at the time.)

I think they thought of it as semi-canonical. It wasn't seen as the main universe and thus not "canon." With the 90s marriage it was kind of seen as "official."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)