quote:This was a running point in the Silver (and early Bronze) ages of the Superman comics. In one of them, I distinctly remember one where (depending on the outfit he was wearing at the time) Clark became "normal" (meaning he had no powers) and decided to test a hypothesis that he might be able to leave well enough alone in the world for a week and nothing major happen. It was during this time that Lois and Clark's relationship took a major step forward and (it was implied but the authors of the story have since said it was true) began a more serious relationship (complete with the implication that Lois stayed over for the night.

Those sound like an interesting plot. Too bad this was probably in the 80s when Superman looked [Dizzy] in the comics and Lois had big hair.

quote: This point was also carried out with the Earth-2 story where Clark (no longer knowing he is "super") gets married to Lois. If Superman wasn't there he wouldn't hold back.

Sound a bit like Nightfall. Was that during his super mullet days?
Let's see... "Who took the Super out of Superman?" (The first story I mentioned here) was Superman #s 296 to 299 and were first published in 1976. I don't think her hair looked that bad personally.

The original Earth-2 story takes place in 1950 (they were known as the "Mr. and Mrs. Superman" of the Superman Family books of the time.) The comic that this marriage takes place in was printed in 1978 (Action Comics #484.) The story is called "Superman takes a wife," (please remember that the silver/Bronze age titles are often misleading but he does marry her twice over-once when he didn't remember he was Superman and once during a Kryptonian marriage ceremony once he remembered who he was.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)