So sorry for the late review! I've been busy the last few days driving to Southfield and Kalamazoo and everywhere in between! But now I'm home and ready to review. laugh

“I was on the trellis, because I got interrupted while searching the plant manager’s office. I wasn’t in any danger,” she said, pushing on his chest. “As soon as he left I was planning on going back inside. Instead, Superman ‘rescued me’, alerting security to my location. Anything else I would’ve found in the office will be long gone... if I would be able to get back into the office now. Let’s just hope I have something in the documents I had time to scan so that I’ll still be able to salvage an article out of all my work.”
Sorry if my superhero-ing is interfering with your breaking and entering, but I'm trying to keep you alive xD

“I don’t need to be saved at every moment of every day,”
Survey says....yes you do.

“And you have to understand that sometimes your actions send me into a blind panic over your safety. If anything were to happen to you…”

“Kiss me,” she demanded.
clap

I feel kind of guilty, moving in with the dude for the summer and then…” Jimmy coughed.

Stealing the woman James was crushing on out from under him, Lois finished his thought.
Not cool

Lois stuck out her tongue in disgust. She couldn’t continue to hear any more of this tripe or she would slit her throat before the hour was up just to get away from it. Not that she would succeed of course, because Superman would surely swoop in from the ether and take the knife away from her.
He would

“You could dump him and date me instead.” He said the words playfully, but she knew he meant them.
Great idea!

“Oh, like he would want to save me after I dumped him for the likes of you, a mild mannered reporter,” she scoffed, actually allowing a bubble of laughter to escape at that thought.

“Of course he would, Lois; he loves you. Anyway, if he let anything happen to my girlfriend, I’d punch him in the nose.”

The laughter came out in full force then. Damn him! Clark always made her feel better. “That would do more damage to your fist than his nose,” she replied.

“Fine. A stern talking to or scolding then,” Clark said, tightening his embrace around her. “Nobody hurts my Lois and gets away with it.”
clap

Clark cupped her jaw with the palm of his hand and set his lips upon hers in a kiss that she felt down to her toes. It wasn’t like the passionate kiss they had shared on Trask’s plane. This one was unassuming, loving, perfect.

Oh, God! Why did he do that? Didn’t he know he was melting her resolve with that tender, non-demanding kiss? Now, all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him and to beg him never to let her go.

“Goodbye, Lois,” he whispered, letting go of her and heading for the stairwell.
Huh?

They had known that he liked those things and had gone into town to buy them for him. He knew it was a crazy theory, but maybe if he hadn’t liked to eat such sweets, his folks would still be alive today. Either way, he hadn’t been able to touch sweets from that day onwards.
Ahh, that explains the aversion to sweets.

He's coming back though, right? He can't just leave...