I would say it paid off?
Yes, well, my characters sometimes like to repay me for letting them kiss. But if I let have too much rein they tend to choke me with it and the story gets lost. Then I have to draw it back in, whip them soundly (usually just Clark, but it's a regular whip so it doesn't hurt him much), and point them in the correct direction. (At one point I sent Clark to stand in Sue's closet so I could move the story on... maybe THAT's why we haven't heard from Sue lately.) They still tug me back to letting them canoodle, but I steer them back until I can finally write something with some substance... otherwise my readers would be drool and asking me which Jimmy is which again, and if it really matters.

Lois would be much more grateful and Superman more shocked and thus vulnerable. There have been Superman/Lois stories that started that way and ended with a baby.
I've already tortured Tank enough with the two Jimmys. Do you really think he could handle a baby too?

It has an all-you-can-snoop buffet. Or, it is a black gloves affair.
evil

reaction to the concept of this part having come to an end.
Oh, dear, I Bill the Cat'd you? shock

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.