In fact, if Lois were to take Superman out of the equation, she would be very tempted by Clark’s offer, more so than if he had been Lex.
This was a running point in the Silver (and early Bronze) ages of the Superman comics. In one of them, I distinctly remember one where (depending on the outfit he was wearing at the time) Clark became "normal" (meaning he had no powers) and decided to test a hypothesis that he might be able to leave well enough alone in the world for a week and nothing major happen. It was during this time that Lois and Clark's relationship took a major step forward and (it was implied but the authors of the story have since said it was true) began a more serious relationship (complete with the implication that Lois stayed over for the night. This point was also carried out with the Earth-2 story where Clark (no longer knowing he is "super") gets married to Lois. If Superman wasn't there he wouldn't hold back. Of course this is slightly different for the two Clarks of the series as they always attempted to live the life of "Clark" through and through and not as a "cover" (although I have to say your Earth-2 one is living it as more of a cover than the original one did but that has more to do with the fact that there is no evidence of a Clark Kent other than a burial plot on private land.)

Lois’ eye followed the path of her ice cream to her desk. She could hear the chocolaty goodness call to her. She picked up the carton again and took another bite, letting the flavors dance on her tongue as she moaned, almost with desire. There was something about eating chocolate ice cream that echoed the feeling of being with Clark, without all the unpleasant guilt that being in another man’s arms gave her. “Would you like a bite, Clark?” Lois asked, holding out her spoon.
Oh the call of rich, dark, creamy chocolate.

Suddenly, over the lure of Clark’s relationship offer, washed the wrongness of it. Clark was supposed to love sweets. He was supposed to have a bigger sweet tooth than even her. She knew this to be true. Why was he turning it down?

“Come on, Clark, just one bite,” she coaxed playfully, waving the spoonful of chocolaty goodness.
Tease. Just not the sort of tease he needs right now. I just wish he didn't have this phobia over junk food.

Clark blanched as he took a step away from her, his face a picture of disgust. “Lois, I told you that I don’t eat sweets. Respect that, please. I wouldn’t ask you to change for me, please don’t ask this of me.”
It almost sounds like it's almost a turn-off for this Clark.

Clark stared at Lois with a haunted expression. “I just can’t, Lois, and if you care even a little bit for me, you won’t bring it up again.”

What? What was he talking about? What had she said? She couldn’t remember. All she could think about was this man in front of her, and how good it felt to be near him. Lois set down her ice cream and stepped closer to him. She didn’t like this expression on Clark’s face. It was as if she could feel the pain he was feeling, and it made her chest ache. She caressed his cheek, turning it towards her. “Tell me, Clark,” she requested softly.
“Sure you can, Clark. Just tell me,” she said, moving closer to him, her chest leaning against his. “I’ve told you all my secrets. You can trust me with yours.”

Clark cupped her jaw with the palm of his hand and set his lips upon hers in a kiss that she felt down to her toes. It wasn’t like the passionate kiss they had shared on Trask’s plane. This one was unassuming, loving, perfect.

Oh, God! Why did he do that? Didn’t he know he was melting her resolve with that tender, non-demanding kiss? Now, all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him and to beg him never to let her go.

“Goodbye, Lois,” he whispered, letting go of her and heading for the stairwell.
You know Clark, you don't have to hold this one back at least. It's not like she's ever going to meet the Kents.

There was more to his aversion to sweets that he wasn’t telling her, that was for sure. If he didn’t come back to the newsroom that evening, she would go to his apartment and beg him to tell her the truth. Well, beg was the wrong word. Demand, yes, demand to have him tell her the truth.
I hope she does do this. Although something tells me this may be one of those thoughts that slips her mind.

Had Superman implanted some Kryptonian device into Clark? Something that would allow him to access Clark’s mind? Read his thoughts? Communicate with him? Was that why he kept pushing Lois towards Clark? Because having a relationship with Clark would be tantamount to having a relationship with him… at least from his point of view?
Well the reading thoughts thing is fairly accurate but not for the reason she thinks. As for the "Communicate with him" thing... if he happened to be two different men, Superman could still do that considering his ability to be telepathic. Is she seeing Superman as some sort of super-voyeur??

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)