clap

In no particular order…

Looking forward to hearing about Down Under from a native. So far, my knowledge comes from Crocodile Dundee and the couple of JAG episodes when they went investigating or something.

I have to say, I got the impression from your descriptions that Australia is a much more macho place than Metropolis. Which then translates to Lois having to be that much more one of the guys and leave her sensibilities at the door and instead roll with the guys in the dirt. But maybe that’s just because of the first impression Clark got of a couple of hoodlums accosting Lois and she not decking them immediately.

Dan Scardino is a reporter? shock

Lois shrugged, her face cloaked with sadness. "We hung out," she said. "Yeah, I'm going to miss him."
So, is that Australian for ‘they were rooting for each other’?

"Not unless you want to stick out even more."
The whole sticking out of Clark, the Yank gave me the impression that Clark must look to Lois and her fellow Ozzies like H.G.Wells must have looked to LnC. Including the difference in roughness and ‘distinguished behavior’.

"Whether you're a drinker or not, you need to go."
So, does this mean, if you don’t drink, period, you can just go and kiss a crocodile?

Drink yours at the same pace as they drink theirs. Don't be conned into drinking any faster, no matter how much they goad you.
Sounds like they either would try to get him drunk and have fun with him, or, if he finishes first, gets to shout again. The first one should be funny. Unless the beer is the Smallville Green.

How come everyone knows Lois as Flinders, i.e. how did the nickname spread to the hooligans from a different part of Australia?

And last but not least. I have no idea what went down in Melbourne in 1996 and am trying not to go google it. It was so much easier with NK. Google didn’t help there. So, sports event. Riots. Fire. Great bank heist.

Great start!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.